Hey, Sorry for being so rash and urgent, but i need some advice on which to pursuing on a B.S. in C.E. or a B.S. in C.S. What i've been hearing lately that if you want to become a Software Engineer, you have to get a B.S. in Computer Science. What I would like to know is that can I get into the field of Software Engineering even though if i finish school with a B.S. in Computer Engineering?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That's nonsense - doesn't matter what your degree is, most "software" is actually created and written by programmers, not scientists or engineers - frankly most of whom, these days, don't even have a related undergraduate degree. Learn it on the job, through online courses, etc.

in the uk a lot of poeple my age (16-18) are getting a BTEC Software Paracticioner qualification

Both B.Sc Computer Science and B.Eng in Computer Engineering are the same.

Just that B.Eng in Computer Engineering study 2 year in Electrical Engineering and 2 year in Computer Science.

Both course are overlapping in most country.
Both course enable you to become Software Engineer...

However, one of the best Software Engineer i know, come from law background.

Both B.Sc Computer Science and B.Eng in Computer Engineering are the same.

Just that B.Eng in Computer Engineering study 2 year in Electrical Engineering and 2 year in Computer Science.

Both course are overlapping in most country.
Both course enable you to become Software Engineer...

However, one of the best Software Engineer i know, come from law background.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.