Write an algorithm and draw a flowchart that determine whether a student has passed or failed. Add the student CA,mid semester test and exam score. addition of score should not be more than 100.the pass mark should be 60

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for submitting your topic. Sorry for it being so difficult to figure out how to do. I'm currently working on trying my best to improve usability here at DaniWeb.

However, per our private chat, please post your question along with what you've tried so far and where you're stuck, and I'll do my best to help you within the next hour or so.

What have you tried so far? What, specifically, do you need help with for this homework assignment?

A good place to start is to write down step by step instructions on how you would do this by hand.

This question seems to be asking how a simple spreadsheet based gradebook program functions. Values can be weighted variously, but the essential algorithm is nothing more than: if CW+MT+Exam/total possible points>60% print "P" I am not sure of the grammar here any more--and I imagine that depends on the language you are using--but I think this is the gist of the idea. To me the formula is both algorithm and flowchart, but I guess you could box each part up in arrow boxes and say, "walk this way." That help?

The simples way to go about this is to check test score agaist the passmark .

Passmark = 60

Score = 0-100

Spudacode/Algorithem:

Input Greade 
if (GRADE < 60) then
Print “FAIL”
else
Print “PASS”
endif                    

The Flowchart version of solution for this is

Should_You_Work_at_Home.png

Image Credits (Creately Flowchart Software)

If you want to check more slabs, eg: 60 - Just pass 75> Good 80> Great, you may have to have different dicisions and out comes

commented: Spudacode: Grown in Idaho. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.