The idea(s) aside, how does a lone programmer with a few languages at his disposal make awesome software?

Do you think with proper research, planning, and design a lone programmer can make awesome software, or do you think it will usually require a couple of partners?

How do I learn more about the research, planning, and design of software engineering? Programming is a skill that is (somewhat) easily obtained, but how many resources are there from which to learn the necessary skills to create awesome software?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

>>how does a lone programmer with a few languages at his disposal make awesome software

Depends on what YOU consider "awsome". Awsome software such as Microsoft Word or Paint, is written by a team of programmers, analysts and graphics designers. And it usually takes years to design, code and test.

Of course you can write your own shareware or freeware programs that do neat little things, but I wouldn't consider them "awsome".

I don't understand about awesome software.
Can you give a detail explanation about that>

Why you want to make Awesome software??? actually idea is everything you have to first think idea

1 find a problem
2 develop a solution
3 make sure solution WORKS
awesome

The idea(s) aside, how does a lone programmer with a few languages at his disposal make awesome software?

I was going to suggest you just name your company "Awesome Software, Inc.", but someone already beat me to it...
http://www.awesome-software.net/

can u pass me some
of your Sales and Inventory System?
I need to study it thoroughly :D
imma IT Student TY
by the way heres my email
SNIP

commented: Another one, do my homework for me, *expletive deleted* +0

can u pass me some
of your Sales and Inventory System?
I need to study it thoroughly :D
imma IT Student TY
by the way heres my email
SNIP

If you want to learn then you should try out yourself read books and tutorials for help but implement yourself you cannot understand others logic easily so better to try it on your own as far as help is concern this website has forums for widely used languages where you can find solutions of your problem but there also no one can give you the whole thing

Depends on what YOU consider "awsome". Awsome software such as Microsoft Word or Paint, is written by a team of programmers, analysts and graphics designers.

ROFL it doesn't take a Team Of Programmers to create MS Paint.

And it usually takes years to design, code and test.

Maybe at Microsoft.

First versions of Linux kernel was developed by a lone man called Linus.

commented: ** AWESOME ** +0

First versions of Linux kernel was developed by a lone man called Linus.

yeah! and that guy is awesome.

yeah! and that guy is awesome.

Yeah Linus Torvalds is an amazing engineer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.