Hi,

I am a management professional, working a marketing co-ordinator.

I was always facinated by the field of IT, so now i wish to make a career shift.

I wish to make a career as a software professional. Friends, kindly guide me on how to start? Which courses to join? etc.

Please guide me on the scope, growth of this field, whether me being from a management background is it advisable? etc.....

Since I have no prior experience will it affect my entry in the field of IT company.

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

IT has become extremly competative field, so the more education you have the better. Suggest you get a bachelors degree in computer science or some related field. If you don't have that there will be many doors slammed in your face.

I was always facinated by the field of IT, so now i wish to make a career shift.

I wish to make a career as a software professional. Friends, kindly guide me on how to start? Which courses to join? etc.

I would look into some night courses initially -- intro to programming, intro to C/C++. If you like it then, look into an associate's degree.

>whether me being from a management background is it advisable?
Lessons learned from management will be very beneficial as a software developer. Actually, that can easily be a selling point for you because a lot of developers looking for jobs are a little weak on the social skills that you should be comfortable with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.