I am fairly new to computers but not afraid to get my feet wet. I installed a 2nd used hard drive to my system. Went great. When I go to explorer and look at properties my C drive is NTFS and the other (e) is FAT 32. Is this the way its supposed to be or should I change it, or can I change it .

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by 03humphrec

Thank you very much joeprogrammer. How would I change from one to the other?

Thank you very much joeprogrammer. How would I change from one to the other?

The link I provided in my previous post describes partition conversion from FAT32 to NTFS. However, beware: NTFS conversion is a one-way ticket. Once you convert a FAT32 drive to NTFS, there's no easy way to convert a drive back to FAT32, unless you completely redo the partition table (which involves reformatting the hard drive).

format it by right clicking on my computer then manage.
click disk manager right click on the hdd then format then select NTFS or FAT 32

I am fairly new to computers but not afraid to get my feet wet. I installed a 2nd used hard drive to my system. Went great. When I go to explorer and look at properties my C drive is NTFS and the other (e) is FAT 32. Is this the way its supposed to be or should I change it, or can I change it .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.