Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Inky

Sometimes Firefox will give me a message while trying to connect to a site; cannot connect to 192.168.1.1 or my router.

Based on this message, you are have problems getting to your router.

Based on this message, you are have problems getting to your router.

Yes I found that quite obvious; no offense. What's causing it how can I fix it?

Yes I found that quite obvious; no offense.

Except you titled the thread, "problems getting past the router," which is a different problem than getting to the router. No offense.

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Except you titled the thread, "problems getting past the router," which is a different problem than getting to the router. No offense.

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Okay okay but the point is I can't even console 192.168.1.1. I really have no idea what to try. I power cycled but otherwise I have no idea why this would occur or how to fix it. It's not like I can show running config or show ip route anything. The setting seems good at least I haven't changed anything.

Yea now it does; I think it's working now. I installed the latest firmware, I only had the firmware the router came with. I also but it higher up and got an extension for my antenna on my nic card. Seems to be working much better. I thought bad reception might be some of the problem because it messed up more often when I was trying to authenticate on a web site

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.