hehe go for information technology which covers programming, networking and multimedia. :) there, you can develop your system alone. you can program, use your networking skills and designing skills. all in 1

There is quite difference between the Programmer and Software Engineer..A programmer can be Software Engineer..But a Software Engineer May or Mat not a PRogrammer.
Like Software Engineer may be Network administrator ,web designer whereas programmer is who know the Languages like C#,C++,Html Java etc.

I would be seriously choked if I only got 60k a year. I am pretty sure that's what labourers make that dropped out of highschool. I live in Canada but I am pretty sure technology fields pay about the same between us and the US though we have no technology super-giants here like Microsoft or Facebook who offer above average salaries for good devs.

As far as the difference between software engineer and programmer I am not really sure. My title is Software Developer, my education says I am a Computer Engineering Technologist, but my actual job mostly involves me screwing around on Daniweb.

There is quite difference between the Programmer and Software Engineer..A programmer can be Software Engineer..But a Software Engineer May or Mat not a PRogrammer.

Isn't that saying the same thing? A can be B, but B may or may not be A? In otherwords, there is no difference.

I would be seriously choked if I only got 60k a year. I am pretty sure that's what labourers make that dropped out of highschool. I live in Canada but I am pretty sure technology fields pay about the same between us and the US though we have no technology super-giants here like Microsoft or Facebook who offer above average salaries for good devs.

Salary varies quite a bit around the USA, people on the west coast might find it difficult to survive on $100,000/year, while here in the mid-west that would be an outstanding salary. It varies greatly just within 30 mile radius of where I work, I gladly changed jobs at lower salary just to avoid the St Louis daily traffic commute.

In basic language,programming is the act of writing the code,testing,debugging where as software engineering is a work of Specification writing,Project planning and Troubleshooting problems during installation etc.

In my opinion, Programmer has the more importance as compare to the software engineer!

Your opinion is wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.