i was playing with my monitor settings...( pc rookie )..and blonde..;)
my screen went "black"...how can i reset this..??
everytime i sign on again...it goes as far a the xp loading screen..when..."black"..again :(

h.e.l.p.....please..please...please...

amber-jade
xxx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for yerbol

if that's an LCD monitor, you've probably set the resolution too high :) Try booting in a safe mode - press F5(or F8 - i am not sure) right before the load screen goes.

there are three buttons on the monitor to adjust brightness
just use them and adjust brightness and contrast

Yeah it sounds to me like zerbol's right. I guess you could also try using a different monitor and bringing the resolution down to your monitor's native resolution, then switch back.

You should be able to do this from safe mode. If all else fails you could attempt to remove the video card driver from safe mode, which will force the resolution back down to 640x480.

safe mode instructions:

Safe mode is a special mode where windows loads with standard settings so you can fix whatever is wrong with it.

to get into safe mode tap f8 repeatedly from as soon as the computer powers up, until you see a menu with options like:

Start Windows Normally
Last Known Configuration
Safe Mode

Choose safe mode and login (it may take a while - dont worry if lots of writing comes down the screen or if windows looks like crap, thats normal.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.