ajelliott 0 Light Poster

I have an opportunity to work Microsoft's Small Business Server and have been studying up on the specs. They claim they have great security built into their infrastructure.

The following is a small blurb from: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/9/9/19965e37-b219-4196-9ed7-a8d36227c5bb/WindowsSBS2003-businessvaluewhitepaper.doc

Sounds great, and in all the white pages I have been reading there is wonderful marketing information... but what I am looking for is real experience from IT professionals that know what security issues I may expect.

"Windows Small Business Server 2003 is built on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, the operating system that has increased available services by 275 percent while mitigating attacks against the server by 60 percent. Wizards simplify security settings and help to make sure that all the necessary security steps are taken. Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes an internal firewall and also supports external firewalls. In fact, Windows Small Business Server 2003 contains tools that protect your business automatically.

Increased confidence in the IT infrastructure represented 12 percent of the identified benefits in the survey. The increased stability and security of Windows Small Business Server 2003 leads to a reduction in IT issues, allowing for savings in IT support expenses".... blah, blah, blah.

Please let me know your concerns.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.