I was wondering if anyone knew of a good community college in southern California that has a great computer science department. I have taken two courses at Los Angeles Valley College and am not impressed with their computer science department. They seem to have limited courses and their professors seem incompetent as far as developing a good lesson plan. I live in the San Fernando Valley and travel is a factor. Any suggestions?

P.S. What is wrong with Narue, he/she seems socially challenged. Why is he/she so angry? Did he/she's mommy/daddy not love him?

Narue, my ID on this site is hill0ster! Remember it and feel free to not post any replies to my post, you rude jackass!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>They seem to have limited courses and their professors seem incompetent
Sadly, this is a common situation. You would be better off choosing a school for the degree that it gives you rather than what you can learn. Then you can teach yourself what you need to know. In my experience, being self-taught results in a higher quality programmer than relying on courses.

>P.S.
p.s. That's quite a random flame completely unrelated to the thread.

>What is wrong with Narue, he/she seems socially challenged.
That would be she, not he/she. He/she has connotations that I'm not entirely comfortable with. And I don't deny being socially challenged.

>Why is he/she so angry?
I'll tell you what. Learn how to program properly, then devote your spare time to helping other people learn how to program properly. Do that for several years so that you don't miss all of the frustrating people and see how perky you are.

>Did he/she's mommy/daddy not love him?
Be consistent and use proper grammar when you're insulting someone. It should be "Did his/her mommy/daddy not love him/her?". But all of the options in that sentence destroy any malice that it might have. You would be better off assuming a single gender so that the he/she crap doesn't clutter up a perfectly good flame.

>Narue, my ID on this site is hill0ster!
Thanks for telling me, I couldn't remember even though it's plastered all over the place whenever you do someting.

>Remember it and feel free to not post any replies to my post
I've already vowed not to help you, so no worries. Though you apparently haven't yet realized that I can help you a great deal if you were smart enough to look beyond my attitude. Your loss I suppose, I really couldn't care less if it takes you one year or ten to grow a brain.

>you rude jackass!
That was uncalled for.

Have you read some of the shit Narue has had to answer? I think this thread was quite uncalled for. I personally have no problem with Narue and have received good help from him/her on a couple of occasions. Just don't come to this board expecting everyone to write your program for you or fix a problem you yourself didn't work at for more than 30 seconds.

Also I hope this board doesn't succomb to stupid flaming like this. This board seems to be one of the last intelligent places left on the Internet.

Hill0ster, your question was valid, but your comments were uncalled for. Please tone it down or this thread will be locked. Another offense will result in a ban.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.