I scored 19 :)

With this test someone can find out if he/she has psychopatic tendensies. Do the Psychopathy Checklist yourself here:

Note: between 30 and 40 means you're in high risc of becoming (or already are) a psychopath. However, only a few individuals ever (worldwide) reached the highest score of 40!

Also try to be honest .. it's anonymous anyway.

- Dr. Hare is a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia, and has researched psychopathy for more than twenty years. The following is his well-known and implemented psychopathy checklist. -

- For each characteristic that is listed, the subject is given a score: 0 for "no," 1 for "somewhat," and 2 for "definitely does apply." (Please note that Dr. Hare does not advise that the layman use this checklist for "diagnosing" friends and family; this checklist, however, does give you a good idea how it is used). -

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS -- a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

14. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE -- a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.

CAOSH commented: I got 36 I'm really a psychopath? +0

Recommended Answers

All 161 Replies

I got a 2.
lol.

i got a 6 :O

I got 17 but some of those questions that i got 0 on are mainly because im not old enough to be able to tell if i have a score for those things.

6 or 7; one of those questions I'm not sure what my score should have been.

There's a customer who comes into the shop i work at who's always swearing at people, even went up to the cashier and said "i don't want to be served by you you're a fucking idiot, fuck off" and to another "the police are after you, they've bugged your phone. I live next to Inspector *some name* and they've bugged you and David Beckam is going to get killed". Made a customer cry today after they offered to let them go infront and they replied along the lines off fuck off.

People reckon she's shizophrenic

Schizophrenia is scary.

Yeah tell me about it. those voices just won't quit.

Edit: ;)

What's the website for this test, i have forgotten!
can someone post it here please ~ or is it on some other thread?

got a 9 couldn't answer some

I also scored a 19.. But I don't see how some of those questions relate to psychopaths..

I don't think any of them fit me. Would like to think #11 does, but it doesn't. I voted before taking the test -- can I change my vote now :'(

I also scored a 19.. But I don't see how some of those questions relate to psychopaths..

I think that all the questions involve signs of being a psychopath. Its only really when u get a large amount of these qualities together that u have to worry most people may have at least 1 or 2 of those qualities.

I think I got the least amount out of everyone. I'm a weird one I guess.

lol.. naw, just a liar! ;)

I got a 17...

haha.. I beat you!

lol darn it!

but really i am a nice guy...

3 :| I don't like scoring low in tests. I wanna take it again. I failed miserably :'( Anyone here give grinds???

i scored a 500 on this test is that bad?:{

lol your a serial killer! (maybe its the skull...)

hey hes my ego and hes pretty big and will beat you up

commented: Bad choice mate +0

So I just scored a 32. I kind of already knew with my track record.

PS: there is no way some of the previous posts can be real..6? 2? no one is that saint-like

I got 3.

But I don't see how some of those questions relate to psychopaths..

psychopaths typically don't...

PS: there is no way some of the previous posts can be real..6? 2? no one is that saint-like

Most people are self-delusional and dishonest even to themselves, which is why such tests should never be done based solely on yes/no statements made by the person being tested.
This is especially true of psychopaths.

Hey I got 3. I'm not self-delusional and dishonest, and if you say I am, you better take what you get.

'nuff said.

I have been searching for this test due to concerns over my personality after numerous comments made throughout my life - scored 34....

im a psychopath apparently...

Na your a good guy J,not to worry :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.