The majority of the discussions about Social Media's role in business has been related to marketing. But does Social Media also play a similar role in CRM? I think so as social media offers new channels for your current customers, as well as your prospective clients to reach you. What do you think? And if you agree with me, do you think that two social media persona are needed in each social media channel you use, one for prospect and one for existing customers, so that messaging does not get muddled.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I hope social media and CRM both will add value to customer relationship.

Definitely! Social media can be used to leverage customized/targeted marketing to different consumers' personas or segments. For example, my client wants to reach consumers' who just have a child in college and feeling empty nest. Thus, the client can create a targeted messaging for their services or product to specifically targeted this consumer group and then executing a social media campaign along with a SEM/ Facebook ads to increase the reach.

Definitely! Social media can be used to leverage customized/targeted marketing to different consumers' personas or segments. For example, my client wants to reach consumers' who just have a child in college and feeling empty nest. Thus, the client can create a targeted messaging for their services or product to specifically targeted this consumer group and then executing a social media campaign along with a SEM/ Facebook ads to increase the reach.

I agree that and I the more I think about the premise I proposed in my original message, I think that two 'channels' of social media presences would be the best way to go. Existing customers will want a channel that is free from basic questions that are usually asked by the prospect and the prospects should have their own channel as I think that certain discussions that would occur with current customers could discourage or scare away prospects. I would say this especially true for the the hi-tech and financial industries.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.