At Social Media Today they are reporting that a recent study by Mzinga and Babson Executive Education showed that 16% of professionals using Social Media are measuring the ROI of their campaigns. Additionally, more than 4 in 10 respondents were uncertain if the social media tool they were using had ROI measurement capabalities.

Is this a case of blind faith in the power of social media or just a case of lots of people jumping into something that is trendy without being truly prepared?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, many companies and people are jumping into the "social media bandwagon". I was actually commissioned a few months ago to develop metrics for social media due to its strong qualitative nature. These metrics per se may not necessarily drive financial business decisions but it does help assess if the tactic is working or not.

Yes, many companies and people are jumping into the "social media bandwagon". I was actually commissioned a few months ago to develop metrics for social media due to its strong qualitative nature. These metrics per se may not necessarily drive financial business decisions but it does help assess if the tactic is working or not.

I think it is some of both. But that is always the case with a new fad that shows promise and early success rates.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.