I've just found this British ISP offering 800MB web hosting for free!!

Anyone try this?

http://www.i12.com

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

lol i get like 5mb (or is it 50mb?) with NTL. Sucks as its only plain HTML, no php or anything.

why not host your own?

Against the TOS and they block the ports

Tos?

terms of service? With who, your isp?

TOS usually stands for Terms of Service.

yeah my ISP

Theres ways around that ya know ;)

Not when the ports are blocked at the ISP's main router at the telephone exchange...

oh, ic... What the hell is your isp's problem?

We have no download cap (most other ISPs have 1-30gb per month) and have speeds of up to 10mb so i think they need it or else it will be abused

ahh icic.. how much do you usually have to pay for Internet service each month?

I never knew my isp had a cap, but when I downloaded about 13 gb of linux distros, movies, and videos in one day ;-), the next day my internet connection was at about 5 kb for the rest of the month.

haha.. yea, they called us once.. They are always complaining b/c I run a TOR server, and you can only imagine the kinda of traffic that is associated with it.. They've only limited my dl speed once so far though.

lol well i downloaded the entire contents of ftp.uk.debian.org so i could make my own apt mirror for my LAN and they didnt care

omg lol....thats like over 200 gb right?

how did you update it?

I use a script which runs as a cron job. It uses wget to update my mirror with packages when the version number is higher

pretty sweet. Is that how most debian servers work? how about new packages?

yeah I think that proper mirrors use Rsync to pick up the new pakages and versions but i couldnt get that working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.