Don't know if this is the right place for this,but here goes.
I have partitioned my main hdd into three partitions, two primary and one logical. Here is the rub. when I right click on an item to send it somewhere, none of these drives show up. How can I get these drive to show so that I can start using them for storage?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you formatted the new partitions yet?

they were already formatted before I partitioned them. They show up in 'my computer',and I can access them there but no where else. I'ld love you like a bother if you could help me out here.

>they were already formatted before I partitioned them.
You should always format your partitions *after* your create them.

>They show up in 'my computer',and I can access them there but no where else.
I'm interested to know, do they just "show up", or can you actually open them up and put files in them without getting some error message like "access denied" or "volume not ready"?

If the partitions work fine, it might be as simple as creating a shortcut in your SendTo menu.

Had to formatt the partitions and created a short cut in the send to file, so now I can do what I want with them. Thanks bro, you were a big help. So I can mark this as Solved!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.