hi people,

this thread about films / movies that somehow inspired, moved, changed your outlook in life...
lets talk about great films..

mayo:) :( :'( ;)

Recommended Answers

All 46 Replies

sorry, I never let movies influence me.

here are some films that really made a big impact in my life...

schinder's list
i am sam
the deer hunter
black hawk down
billy elliot
rain man
almost famous
american beauty
y tu mama tam bien

there are actually a lot.. those are the films that i can think of for now that are really so special and have great impact in my life...

commented: Schindler's list +18

Movies don't really inspire me either.. except Old School, Slackers, Van Wilder, and South Park, of course.

ow.. cool!!! how does south park inspire you?

Eric Cartman is my hero.. I want to be just like him.

hehehe..

Citizen Kane is once again number 1 in AFI's top 100 films list..

it made me more curious whats with that movie.. i havent seen it because i cant find a copy..

> Eric Cartman is my hero.. I want to be just like him.
Then you must be really a dangerous guy to know and make friends with. Yes, he really is special, he is the most demented person I have ever seen on my TV screen. :-)

haha.. aww, you make fun of my hero? :(

But seriously, I can't stand kids who call their mother 'bitch'. Maybe after a few years when you will have a real family, you would see things in a different light...

commented: Completely agree! +18

hahaha.. I have every episode on my computer :)

A real family? Watcha mean? I was just kidding about him being my hero btw ;)

just saw "flags of our fathers" and "letters from iwo jima" by clint eastwood..
two very important films that you guys should watch..

just saw "flags of our fathers" and "letters from iwo jima" by clint eastwood..
two very important films that you guys should watch..

So was Letters From Iwo Jima really good?

Movies don't really inspire me either.. except Old School, Slackers, Van Wilder, and South Park, of course.

Oh my ghod! Fear the world the next generation gives us!!!! :icon_twisted:

So was Letters From Iwo Jima really good?

it is a really good film christina... one of the best war films ive seen.. you have to see it.. its on japanese though but there are subtitles..
you like watching foreign language films?

for all film lovers, you may check this cool and very informational site

www.filmsite.org

I know it sounds cheesy but I thought Forest Gump was very inspirational. He was someone who had nothing, and became someone that could acheive anything.

Besides that I liked Windtalkers a lot, even though it may have been a bit historically inaccurate. 300 was my favorite movie of all time. I loved it.

And I don't see why you wouldn't let movies inspire you unless you're just trying to say you're too good for the rest of us. Why even post in this thread if you don't let movies influence you in some way? That's what the thread is about. And if you don't let movies inspire you then why let literature, or science, or religion inspire you? Movies many times have literary, scientific or religious value. They make documentaries that can be influential too. A lot of movies can be taken just as seriously as anything that might inspire you.

haha Forest Gump ;) Naw, it was a good movie..

inspiring films:

The Guardian
The Pursuit of Happyness
We Were Soldiers
more to come....

I liked the first part of "Troy" when Brad Pitt just slaughters that big buff guy who thinks no one can take him on. Then he acts like it was nothing.

haha yea.. that was tight.. Troy was a good movie.. except damn legolas (yea, thats what I refer to him as ;)) pissed me off..

haha, yeah. Me too. Pissed everybody off.

im waiting for movie "the kite runner" here in the phils.. its inspired by the book of the same title.. i loved the book so much..

i also get the sandpit generals result in imdb.com when i searched it

Forrest Gump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i love forrest gump.. robert zemeckis.. i love cast away also.. he has a new film Beowulf..

Super Troopers 2 is supposed to come out in 2010.

super troopers was immense

i love euro trip!
and van wilder!

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

i also get the sandpit generals result in imdb.com when i searched it

Me too...but its too old film (sandpit generals)
Thanks for your reply..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.