I have absolutely no idea what forum this question should go under. It's about .avi files and divx movies with some kind of ac3 audio not working. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Get a good video player like VLC or MPStar. If the files still don't work, they must be corrupted.

commented: Thanks. +8

Tanks. VLC worked great.

Also for furture reference try the combined comunity codec pack. Works wonders.

Where would I find that?

Usually through the anime Fan sub groups i know kick ass anime (KAA) have a link on their site however it is not always up. or you can try googleing combined comunity codec pack

Okay. Thanks. I'll give it a shot later.

You shouldn't need both, but you might try the CCP if you want to compare. Personally, I just use VLC.

VLC player is the best. It plays all the top codecs. You should have posted this thread in the Techie's Lounge.

VLC player is the best. It plays all the top codecs. You should have posted this thread in the Techie's Lounge.

Oh so that's where. I wasn't sure because it said it was meant for "off-topic" things or something like that so I thought it might go in a more specific forum.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.