My forum design has been finalized, but am confused about hosting. I have 3000+ friend circle on net and they all are going to join as well as be active on the forums. One of the forums is based on a particuly educational board and more than 1000 stutents are expected to join. So I wanted to know about best webhost for hosting forums.

My websites are hosted at ixwebhosting & 1and1. I read at somewhere on net that ixwebhosting isn't a good option to host forums. If any of you are owners of any forum with large traffic, can you please recommand best webhost for hosting forums?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I think every hosting is good if they fulfill you needs if server is fast approx 99% uptime and real time support. I Have used bluehost it was good ! but because of some extra server requirements i left them. I want to mention here support of blue host is very nice ,if you need big space huge bandwidth go for dreamhost i never used it but they claim to provide more than 500 Gb space and approx 4TB Bandwidth its really like dream .

Best of Luck

Hosting Choice depends on many factors. Its not only the price and features they are providing. You have to think about their Support and Billing system. There are many Good web Hosting Forums. But I will suggest Web Hosting Talk.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com

I suggest you get at least a VPS hosting account because its' likely you will need the extra server resources with 1000+ members.

Andrew

Hosting Choice depends on many factors. Its not only the price and features they are providing. You have to think about their Support and Billing system. There are many Good web Hosting Forums. But I will suggest Web Hosting Talk.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com

I agree. WHT is the largest hosting-related forum that exists, AFAIK (they have like 5 million+ posts). You'd probably have the most luck on that site. Check out our Web Hosting marketplace as well though (within the IT Water Cooler category).

Support is a real biggie!

promisehosting.duoservers.com

I have had a great few years experience with them, they have a really good support system, you should take a look
Good luck

A good idea would be to contact your potential web hosts with these questions. Give them a list of what you require and ask if they are able to provide it. Ask if would be any performance problems with your account if 1000 - 1500 people are hitting it during peak hours.

1and 1 would be better web hosting service provider .

promisehosting.duoservers.com

I have had a great few years experience with them, they have a really good support system, you should take a look
Good luck

Have they xml/xslt compiled in?

Have they xml/xslt compiled in?

Mirror Frames

Yeah, thats all set, thats what I use

hostgator is good

If you have some cash, get your self a serve, you can get some good prices if you shop around..

The price for hosting few years go is the price for a serve, so grab one...

I use RIMU Hosting. They are incredible with support.

Make sure you have read about the company in the forums and just dont go on ads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.