I just came across this today, and would like to pass it on to anyone who blogs for money. You know, the pay-per-post, sponsored review, here's a link and 50 words type of deal? Right.

Here's a site that offers a free service to advertisers and bloggers. It's like a facebook for blogs, and advertisers can search the database by alexa rank or page rank and find the right ones for them.

Buyablogger.com

I think with the domain and the free service this site is going to be huge.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

sounds like an interesting idea. I think i could do it although often the thoughts that i write down are scrabled and nonsense no matter how good the ideas are.

I hear you. Its tough to come up with good stuff sometimes.

To me, paid blogging at DaniWeb sounds like a much nicer option. :-)

hah good luck convincing the admins ;)

that looks good.
have to take a try.

hah good luck convincing the admins ;)

*yawn*

[edit] Back on topic, I would never sign up for something like that. All it looks like is advertisers paying people to advertise a product on their blog, which I feel would violate the trust that people have when reading my blog. Do you want to read reviews about products that have been sponsored by their creator?

Trust is a big issue, which is why paid blogging programs usually have disclosure statements where the bloggers state it was paid for. Not sure if buyablogger.com does that though...

Oh wtf.. Daniweb pays people to blog? lol.. I never knew that.. how much you get paid?

Trust is a big issue, which is why paid blogging programs usually have disclosure statements where the bloggers state it was paid for. Not sure if buyablogger.com does that though...

Regardless of whether or not disclosure statements are issued, the question still stands: do you really want to read a blog writing about stuff that has been sponsored? I would stay clear away from any blog that did that, and I would never even think about creating one myself.

Oh wtf.. Daniweb pays people to blog? lol.. I never knew that.. how much you get paid?

You think I'm going to tell you?

aww.. Well how much do most bloggers get paid on sites like this one?

I'm not in charge of the payroll. If you're interested in blogging, go PM/email Dani, but by the looks of it, she's going to be receiving a lot of these...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.