My name is Mick Murray, and I'm currently situated in Dunedin, New Zealand. I'm originally from The Netherlands, and moved here around five years ago. I've recently enrolled at the Otago Polytechnic, where I'm doing an IT course which will eventually lead to a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology.
Basically, this means that I am a nerd-in-training.

I registered here after a quick scan of the site, because the forums seemed filled with interesting and friendly people who definitely know what they're talking about. In the coming few years I'll be learning a lot in this area, and I'm certain that I will be getting some great advice from more experienced posters. Hopefully I'll also be able to help a few others!
My average day of studying includes at least 5 hours of sitting in a heated room filled with state-of-the-art computers. The only downside to this would be the occasional Hobbit raid; a phenomenon that can only be described as terrifying and exclusive to New Zealand.

Looking forward to making some new friends,

Mick.

Hi Mick, welcome to DaniWeb and thanks for the interesting intro.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.