Hi all, I would like to be able to use a database that can combine web links, programs and text files. I have years of computer repair resources that I would like to be able to organize. I simply want to search for problem x and have the program provide me with any related web links, programs and text I have used in the past to solve problem x.
Thanks in advance for any assistance and input you can provide.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

pretty easily made in access or any other db IDE

What you want is a knowledge base... and definitely easy to create. Do you have programming experience or are you looking to have this done for you?

why create it, why not use something that's already there?

I have very limited programming experience so perhaps some suggestions as to what knowledge base programs you might recommend would be appreciated.

I have years of computer repair resources that I would like to be able to organize. I simply want to search for problem x and have the program provide me with any related web links, programs and text I have used in the past to solve problem x.

why not use windows desktop search?

It searches and index your emails, web history, programs and documents ( i use it for college)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.