i mean white bread ;)

how the hell can that be racist, if thats racist then eating black pudding must be racist, as must be white brad, english breakfast, french toast ,ebelgian waffles

turkey doesnt even come from turkey i dont think

you are an idiot

I'm no idiot, the terminally PC people are...

And yes, they've tried to ban black foodstuff.
Only last year a kind of candy here that's basically whipped cream in a layer of black chocolate was heavily criticised.
The stuff, called (rough translation) niggerkiss since its inception over a century ago without any complaints from anyone, was suddenly called "racist". The manufacturer was threatened with lawsuits and boycots of their entire product line unless they changed the name to something non-racist.
Mind no blacks were involved. These were white people thinking (or rather claiming they thought) they were doing it to help blacks.
The entire country thought it pathetic. The entire country thought it even more pathetic when the manufacturer caved in and changed the name of the product to please a few idiots.
Where the existing name had been the cause of a few people threatening legal action and a boycot, the changed name caused people to actually boycot the product to protest the name change...

The other things you mention can't be racist according to the PC crowd because they're about white things, and everyone knows you can say anything you want about those unless it's positive.

commented: learn how to spell "boycotts" -1
commented: "learn how to spell "boycotts"" was stupid, i mean, im english myself and id probably get confused +22

i mean white bread ;)

yah yah, that's what they all say :P

And hadn't you heard that white bread is considered a sign of canibalism (in specific context)?
There have been complaints that the Catholic eucharist incites and glorifies canibalism by equating the eating of the bread and drinking of the wine with the consumption of the body of Christ.
It's been used (unsussessfully so far) by the PC crowd as an argument to ban Christian religious practice.

commented: brainfart is a nasty word for a good moderator +0

just extrapolating from the nonsense brainfarts of the PC crowd, you'd get that you're cooking a turkey which is an insult to Turks who come from Turkey and therefore racist.

Why call anyone a brainfart? That is a nasty word!!!! I didn't think that the word "fart" was even allowed on DaniWeb. At least, it indicates the presence of a brain. A turkey is not called a turkey in every country, besides it is most likely called a turkey because it looks something like a turkish sultan or such.

There are other nasty words like "German cockroach" and "Dutch elm disease".

And hadn't you heard that white bread is considered a sign of canibalism (in specific context)?
There have been complaints that the Catholic eucharist incites and glorifies canibalism by equating the eating of the bread and drinking of the wine with the consumption of the body of Christ.
It's been used (unsussessfully so far) by the PC crowd as an argument to ban Christian religious practice.

Lol

Only last year a kind of candy here that's basically whipped cream in a layer of black chocolate was heavily criticised.
The stuff, called (rough translation) niggerkiss since its inception over a century ago without any complaints from anyone, was suddenly called "racist". The manufacturer was threatened with lawsuits and boycots of their entire product line unless they changed the name to something non-racist.
Mind no blacks were involved. These were white people thinking (or rather claiming they thought) they were doing it to help blacks.
The entire country thought it pathetic. The entire country thought it even more pathetic when the manufacturer caved in and changed the name of the product to please a few idiots.
Where the existing name had been the cause of a few people threatening legal action and a boycot, the changed name caused people to actually boycot the product to protest the name change...

The other things you mention can't be racist according to the PC crowd because they're about white things, and everyone knows you can say anything you want about those unless it's positive.

Right on!!!!

Its called a tuekey, because they were imported from the new world (where they are native to) to europe via turkey

Its called a tuekey, because they were imported from the new world (where they are native to) to europe via turkey

To be more precise:
"When Europeans first encountered turkeys in the Americas, they incorrectly identified the birds as a type of guinea fowl (Numida meleagris), also known as a turkey-cock from its importation to Central Europe through Turkey, and the name of that country stuck as the name of the bird."

What are terminally PC people? I am not familiar with calling people that way. Is this something bad or Dutch?

What is a PC crowd? Does it have something to do with Dutch Thanksgiving?

PC is the politically correct term for "politically correct" ;)
Those nutters who say you can't call people a nutter because it's degrading to nuts.

england = bloody political correctness gone made

yup, you're hopefully (else it could be worse) the worst case scenario.

Which has one advantage. Compared with your status as an island we can just dump everyone we don't like there, close the borders, and be rid of every PC nutter :)

england = bloody political correctness gone made

England = stiff upper lip and plum pudding

bloody political correctness gone made

i meant to say mad:

made

my spelling has been atrocious lately

I am black, and when someone calls me a "nigger" it hurts, it hurts real bad!

ever noticed that 90% of the time the word is used it's used by blacks among themselves?
In fact the word "nigger" is a deliberate misspelling of the word "negro" which is in line with black American gang lingo, in many languages there is no difference between the two (or rather, the word "nigger" doesn't exist as such and everyone uses the equivalent of "negro" whenever either term would be used.

You shouldn't be insulted by a single word anyway, ever. Only be insulted by its use in specific contexts.

Apparently American blacks are now feeling insulted by the word "black", irrespective of when it's used.
If that kind of thing goes on much longer it'll soon be a hate crime to drive a black car or wear black clothes (the latter already makes you suspicious of course because the kids who shot up that school in Columbine wore black, therefore all people wearing black are potential mass murderers).

its not whats said, its how its used.

Interestingly, they had to change the jam here because it had a little black cartoony character on it called a gollywog, that had been a symbol of that brand for deccades, and you could collect them.

However, people found the use of "wog" ofensive to black people

http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/golliwog.htm

Blacks always complain about the supposed "racism" that affronts them at every conceivable turn. But they don't seem to realize that wearing "grills" and chains and extremely baggy pants scare a great number of people (including me). Nor do they seem to realize that their so beloved ghetto culture is promoted by rich rappers (who've most likely never lived in "da hood") who's lyrics are so obscene, it's no wonder that people are racist against them.

I also find it funny that people where extremely baggy pants, effectively emulating prisoners, who aren't allowed to where belts.

A good example of this is at my school. Like many schools, my school has "white" tables (which actually consists of whites, asians, and indians. All of them are in the "gifted" program.) and "black" tables at lunch. So apparently our choir (which is unsurprisingly all white) was selling candy or something and didn't go around to the black tables. People complained, and the choir was forced to go around to all tables systematically. Maybe if the blacks didn't
intentionally look like murders, gangsters, and thugs, this sort of thing wouldn't of happened.

>Apparently American blacks are now feeling insulted by the word "black", irrespective of when it's used.

Actually, it seems to me that "Black" is becoming accepted usage again after years of "African American" being the only term acceptable to the PC wonks.
:icon_rolleyes:

African American is a stupid word, as that could include white africans, living in america

African American is a stupid word, as that could include white africans, living in america

Hehe, yeah, I thought the same thing.

also, what about black tourists?

its a stupid word

i also hate our word "ethnic minorities" e.g where i live there are lots of polish people, in - a so called "ethnic minority" but not a lot of scottish people. Does that make scottish people an ethnic minority? does that in turn create a situation where immigrants are the majprity andf brits are the minority?

interesting

I know one white guy who emigrated from South Africa to the US and consistently calls himself African American.
The usual response is disbelief by wide eyed kids, sometimes followed by accusations of racism for daring to call himself that when he's not black...

So far he's failed to get any benefits reserved for "African Americans" on the basis that he's white. How's that for discrimination?

thats why these names are silly

and what about half-casts. Are they classified as black or white?

Edit

Edit

What do you want to edit?

I typed something when looking at the first page, then realised it had been said so i edited my post away

commented: Very honest statement +7

Its gonna to be Christmas time soon.
So Happy Christmas.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.