hi

i need urgent help for this query related to seo
i have query whether html files are best for seo. i have heard that they are crawled fast by search engines compared to dynamic files. we have started creating html files for all the listings on our site (its a real estate portal). whenever a user advertises any property he wants to sell, we take him to preview after he fills the listing forms and then ask him to publish it which actually converts their listing into html page. due to this our website speed has drastically reduced. (don't know whether its due to space consumption on server or due to the resources occupied while process of converting the listings into html pages happens). however the ranking of our site has not at all improved.

please advise.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

HTML pages are indeed better than dynamic pages. The site slowing down could be due to other reasons too. Ranking does not improve in a day or a week, it takes time. And you have been acquiring Back links for your site? Just converting dynamic pages to html does not help.

Most dynamically generated pages are easily crawled by the search engine. The search engine shouldn't reward one type of file more than the other provided that it can find the content within the webpage.

Yeah, html pages is better co'z it's spider-friendly. Try to check your pages maybe there are lots of images on it. Image is also another factor of page slowing to load.

hi

i need urgent help for this query related to seo
i have query whether html files are best for seo. i have heard that they are crawled fast by search engines compared to dynamic files. we have started creating html files for all the listings on our site (its a real estate portal). whenever a user advertises any property he wants to sell, we take him to preview after he fills the listing forms and then ask him to publish it which actually converts their listing into html page. due to this our website speed has drastically reduced. (don't know whether its due to space consumption on server or due to the resources occupied while process of converting the listings into html pages happens). however the ranking of our site has not at all improved.

please advise.

It'll take a while for the ranking of the site to really improve from changes like these. These days though, search engines are pretty good at crawling dynamic urls.

Thanks for replying to all of you and regret for delay in responding.

We have got a suggestion from one of the seo guys that we should implement url rewriting. hope this will help us.

I am with the rest, I've done better with html pages myself. Also, as you already mentioned your going to do, I've rewrote dynamic pages into html, pretty easy task.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.