First off, this is not really my first post. I forgot my username/password so I just re-registered. I'm happy to be here....again!

I have a month old site (vBulletin with WordPress as the front page) geared towards the town I live in. I have Google AdSense integrated into my vb and I have kontera on WP.

I'd like to start advertising for the local businesses in town. Can I get answers on how exactly I should proceed with this matter?

How much do I charge?
Do I just charge a flat rate or do I need some kind of software to calculate clicks/impressions?

Any and all suggestions would be helpful because this is a brand new avenue for me.

I appreciate your anticipated feedback!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

How much to charge depends upon what you advertise for? If your website advertise Gold and Diamond businesses. Then you get more.

Moreover, you always use some software to track the impressions and clicks. Because your advertisers may ask for this to you when they think they are not getting any business by advertising their product on your website.

First off, this is not really my first post. I forgot my username/password so I just re-registered. I'm happy to be here....again!

I have a month old site (vBulletin with WordPress as the front page) geared towards the town I live in. I have Google AdSense integrated into my vb and I have kontera on WP.

I'd like to start advertising for the local businesses in town. Can I get answers on how exactly I should proceed with this matter?

How much do I charge?
Do I just charge a flat rate or do I need some kind of software to calculate clicks/impressions?

Any and all suggestions would be helpful because this is a brand new avenue for me.

I appreciate your anticipated feedback!

I don't have a ton of experience with this but I just started charging for placements/links on my website. Just charged someone $50 for a year for a text link. I've seen many websites in this range. The more hits you have, and the more hits you can prove to potential advertisers the more you can legitimately charge.

Yea I would say either a monthly charge or flat rate annual charge. Usually most businesses like the later...

Depends on the traffic level however I think flat charges will be convenient for both you and your advertisers.

Local advertising as well as ad serving or publishing projects could become successful if you know how to do that.

By taking a look at the websites of your colleagues you will gain points on the costs of the ads spots to be sold too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.