Any of you knows who many links do I need to jump from PR2 to PR4 or PR5?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Do not concentrate so much on PR... Concentrate on increasing your SERPS, PR will come eventually. Make sure you leave quality link at high PR, relevant and quality sites. Now, do not get confused, the reason I say not to concentrate on PR is because too many people make the mistake of worrying about PR and forget about other important factors. Also keep in mind that QUALITY is FAR more important than QUANTITY, and the same thing applies to links as it does to content.

Hi wordgeist,

You could jump to a PR 4 or 5 with a single good link, or you could build 10,000 links and still not reach a PR 4. Not all links carry the same weight.

PR is a relative measurement that represents how many direct, as well as indirect links, to your web page, but it includes decay factors, and its' power is divided by the total number of outbound links from the same page.

So, all other things being equal, a link from a page with links to ten other pages passes only one tenth the PR power of a page with only one outbound link. While a link from a page that has no inbound links to it will pass no PR value. PR is a dynamic value with a number of factors that weight it's power to influence the PR of the page it links to, therefor there is no specific number it's more like a range of between 1 and infinity.

I'm sure this is not the answer you were looking for, but this is how it actually works.

This cannot be predicated as far as Google's algorithm is secret. However, as per experiments, If you can get more quality backlinks from your niche related sites, you can get good PR as PR4+ or etc.

hello,
PR is not that important factor, but still if you are in hunt of PR then you must link to pages which have high PR than you site, it doesn't matter that you have 400 back-links then you will hit PR4, even if you link to 100 pages with high PR than yours your PR will automatically get high. So such for good PR pages..

The factor is not only the quantity also is the quality of the links.

Hi, to jump from PR2 to PR4 or PR5, you need to have very good links if you want to enhance your PR quickly. The best link is the one from an authority site in your niche with your keywords as the anchor. One that kind of link is far better than 1000 irrelevant links.

Do not concentrate so much on PR... Concentrate on increasing your SERPS, PR will come eventually. Make sure you leave quality link at high PR, relevant and quality sites. Now, do not get confused, the reason I say not to concentrate on PR is because too many people make the mistake of worrying about PR and forget about other important factors. Also keep in mind that QUALITY is FAR more important than QUANTITY, and the same thing applies to links as it does to content.

This is great advice. I would also like to add that the better your content, site offering, the better citations (links) you can expect.

you need qualtiy backlinks

Have you ever wondered why a 3 month old site has a higher PR,than a site that is over a year? The reason is simple- Build quality back-links at the same time, so search engine optimization.

Yes, PR is not a important factor, you want get your traffic or ranking increased when your PR increased. The visitor of your site too won't consider about PR.

Hi,
I think quality back links are more valuable comparison to quantity of back links if you focus on quality back links from high PR sites that's should be related to your niche then only 5 to 10 back links can be effective otherwise 1000 of back links will not be effective for increase PR. You should try to get back links from different-2 sites which should be quality because 1 of my 4 PR website have only 6 back links but it's quality back links. You should also focus on quality content which will be more effective to increase PR comparison to back links.

I think doing backlinking (SEO) you can jump your site from PR2 to PR4 or PR5. I can do that as a linkbuilder.

Its not depends on how many, Its utterly depends on quality of the links you created. So do create more quality links.

Yes. By SEO you can get ranked.

The short version is that it's way too complicated to calculate a number because of how SERPs work, so don't worry about it and just build quality backlinks and produce quality content.

The long version is that PR is only useful if you intend to flip your site for money (or something like that.) So don't worry about it either way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.