How long after you submit a sitemap do you usually see results?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hard to say. Most people don't see any major results from submitting their sitemap. In fact, a lot of sites see nothing at all. It's hard to tell just how Google is using them right now.

Gotcha. That's actually why I didn't bother creating one until just now.

Good call. I rushed to make a few for some of my sites when the SiteMap program came out. Not it is an afterthought; something I do just because it doesn't hurt.

Yup. I did it just because I want to see if it will make any difference at all. So we shall see.

Definitely let us know if you have a positive result. :)

Again i am repeating the same! do not trust google sitemap, but you can get a good website stats out of it. It is now called as "webmaster tool". Am i correct? :)

That stats are decent but not awesome. The only one I like is the on that tells you what terms you rank well for.

Hi,

Instead we can use "google analytics" to get more and good stats about website. I don't see the rankings report are correct in google webmaster tool!

That tool is very basic and not terribly handy. But it can provide some insight as to where your site ranks for some terms you weren't aware of which can be very useful.

Yes, but we can get all these info from "google analytics". Am I correct? :)

I don't think it contains all of the same information.

That tool is very basic and not terribly handy. But it can provide some insight as to where your site ranks for some terms you weren't aware of which can be very useful.

Agreed.

Yes, but we can get all these info from "google analytics". Am I correct? :)

No, not at all. Google Sitemaps gives basic insight into how you rank in the Google search engine. Google Analytics is a full website tracker / analytics program. It's better than other free alternatives but not quite as good as most corporate paid solutions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.