Would anyone out there know what it takes to go from PR6 to PR7? I have heard you need 5 times the number of backlinks? Daniweb used to be PR7 and now we're 5/6 so I'm just wondering.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

It is uasualy about 1000 back links. Roundly.

Oh, wow. I can't believe I was ever there ;) I'm at about 250 now according to Google.

Yeah. They say it gets incrimentally harder to go up as you go. I'm personally finding it hard to go from 5 to 6.

Hopefully next update!

I'm almost at 300 now. I can't see how I could have ever had near 1000, but meanwhile we used to be PR7. I am assuming we were featured on the homepage of a very popular high PR site for a small period of time?

Pagerank has absolutely nothing to do with the # of backlinks, you can get a PR 8 with 1 backlink or 100,000 it all just depends on the weight of the representative links that point to you. If a PR 10 site links to you, then your a PR 7-8 guaranteed, just 1 link. If 10,000 PR 4 link to you, then your lucky to get there. It really isnts get 1000 links you'll get this.

lol @ SEO Guy's sig.

I only show around 200 backlinks and I have a 7. I must have a few high PR links in there or something.

Pagerank has absolutely nothing to do with the # of backlinks, you can get a PR 8 with 1 backlink or 100,000 it all just depends on the weight of the representative links that point to you. If a PR 10 site links to you, then your a PR 7-8 guaranteed, just 1 link. If 10,000 PR 4 link to you, then your lucky to get there. It really isnts get 1000 links you'll get this.

From what I know you gain PR from the site that links to you directly from its PR. If the site has PR8 and only links to you, you are sure to gain PR7 at least. But if the PR8 site also links to other sites the PR is divided among all sites included. For this I am not sure about how % are divided but some of the PR from the first site also goes to others.

I have few links in PR8.. if you'r interested then PM me ASAP.. thnx Peter

what to do???? u are interested in PR8 links? I have few sites available..

Yah.. I think you should again get some backlinks from the high PR sites. Only that way you can get your site again to PR7.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.