Hi,

I am going to move my website to a new server, so the IP will change, will this affect my website in anyways. i.e. will this affect my backlinks and search engine rankings! :?:

Please help me! :?: :!:

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

No. Changing IP addresses will not affect your rankings. :)

Hi,

What about the backlinks that i have in all the SEs. I have more than 10,000 backlinks in total! will this go down when i change the IP?

No, because the backlinks point to your URL, not your IP.

Hi,

Thank you very much! Now I am happy!

Now going to move my website wihtout any trouble :) Hope this will work fine, thanks one again :)

Make sure you are not hosted on blacklisted server with spam websites.

Servers are never blacklisted. That is because servers often times are shared and you cannot lump every site together as they are usually not owned by the same owner. Only websites are blacklisted.

There is reason to suspect that Google puts some weight into grouping together IP blocks, especially when it comes to counting backlinks between two sites on the same IP. (There is good reason to believe the sites are affiliated with each other if they both link to each other and are on the same IP block.)

There is reason to suspect that Google puts some weight into grouping together IP blocks, especially when it comes to counting backlinks between two sites on the same IP. (There is good reason to believe the sites are affiliated with each other if they both link to each other and are on the same IP block.)

Exactly. This is designed to prevent someone from creating a large network of sites in order to use them to link to each other. Links from sites you don't control are a better indicator of a site's popularity then artificial links from sites you do control.

Servers are never blacklisted. That is because servers often times are shared and you cannot lump every site together as they are usually not owned by the same owner. Only websites are blacklisted.

IPs are blacklisted. For more information, see http://cbl.abuseat.org/

IPs are blacklisted. For more information, see http://cbl.abuseat.org/

You're confused. That isn't a search engine banning IPs. That a security issue where compromised servers are banned. The two are completely unrelated.

You're confused. That isn't a search engine banning IPs. That a security issue where compromised servers are banned. The two are completely unrelated.

where did you hear me saying search engine banning IPs?:?:

Well, that is what this thread is about. If that's not what you are talking about then you are off-topic.

I also change webhost last month. I not lose backlinks, and rankings are still the same.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.