Somebody knows some listing quality directories to add webs?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

There a very very quality directories and most them require payment.

- Dmoz
- Yahoo
- Joeant

There are some decent niche directories and that is about it.

Thanks John. I know dmoz and yahoo, but not joeant

I have seen this place, is is very interesting
<snip> You can see all directories the submission is free. The directory about 200 directories. This url offer information about category and page rank

What a farse. I wouldn't waste your time submitting to this crap.

Concentrate on developing your own web sites and empower yourself from within. Get yourself a decent linking hierachy and make sure the important content is easily reachable for both the serch engine and the visitor.

Create the highest quality content you can and make no mistakes, neither spelling nor coding.

Is it worh the money to do Yahoo paid inclusion?

Why pay when inclusion is available for free.

I have seen this place, is is very interesting
http://directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html
You can see all directories the submission is free. The directory about 200 directories. This url offer information about category and page rank

That site is good to find new directories to submit to. They're nice because they are new and the owner is still interested in the site and thus your submission is reviewed and included very quickly.

The only real issue with these directories is most are new and thus their links have very little value. But submitting to these directories is a good way to get some links to a brand new site and build a solid, although not very powerful, base of links.

It depends. If you think you will see a good ROI on your $295 annual submission then you definitely should. This may come from clicks from the directory itself (although not likely) or it may come from the boost you get in the Yahoo SERPs by being listed (Yes, they do favor sites in their directory).

For most sites it probably isn't worth it. But if you have $295 a year you can spend and not miss then it is probably worth doing.

I didn't think I was in the directory (I thought I was in the SERPS only) but it turns out I am so yay for me I guess. LOL. Yahoo! sends me an insignificant amount of traffic, unfortunately, so it's not worth bothering with it turns out. For me, anyways.

I didn't think I was in the directory (I thought I was in the SERPS only) but it turns out I am so yay for me I guess. LOL. Yahoo! sends me an insignificant amount of traffic, unfortunately, so it's not worth bothering with it turns out. For me, anyways.

uk yahoo com still has many good categories that are free to suggest a web site.

In time, if accepted, the web site will be made available in all Yahoo portals. Listing to Yahoo directory is a good thing, SEO wise, as the link it provides is credible. It won't generate much traffic directly but more often than not is a positive off-page element.

Tip: Don't fill in country specific information in the form.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.