Hi

On my website i have almost around 25000 webpages(static).
when i go to google and enter

inurl:mysite.com

it shows only 1000 pages. these are the pages crawled by google.
Here i notice that some of my webpages have never been crawled or never been indexed.
Also some of my webpages haven't been crawled since july 10, while some other pages have been crawled very recently(9 sept).

BTW it is PR 4 website.

can i do anything so that google crawls some more pages.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The largest factor in determining how many are indexed are the PR of the individual pages. Not the PR of the homepage. You'll need to make sure you get deep links to your site as well as spreading the PR from your homepage around as well.

Also make sure all of your pages can be reached by the search engines. Just because you can get to them in your browser doesn't mean their crawlers can get to them.

You'll need to make sure you get deep links to your site as well as spreading the PR from your homepage around as well.

Can you please tell me what do you mean by "deep links" ?
and how can i sprear pr from my home page ? (by linking all important pages to home page ? )

thnx.

Is the correct META tags present?

Can you please tell me what do you mean by "deep links" ?

A deep link is a link to an inner page in your site (e.g. not your home page).

and how can i sprear pr from my home page ? (by linking all important pages to home page ? )

You can spread PR by linking to inner pages. Cross linking your pages is an important part of on site SEO.

Is the correct META tags present?

Meta tags won't affect crawl rate. The most you can do is stop a page from being crawled and/or indexed.

Meta tags won't affect crawl rate. The most you can do is stop a page from being crawled and/or indexed.

do you mean if i have same meta tag keywords and description for all my pages,
it would be considered as spamming and google won't crawl any further ?

Thanks...

You can spread PR by linking to inner pages. Cross linking your pages is an important part of on site SEO.

does it mean i should have more than one link to reach any page in my website ?

do you mean if i have same meta tag keywords and description for all my pages,
it would be considered as spamming and google won't crawl any further ?Thanks...

No, it means that the meta robots tag should only be used to block content. It doesn't help it be crawled or indexed.

does it mean i should have more than one link to reach any page in my website ?

As long as it makes sense to have those links, then yes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.