I have attended a few social media conferences where the following terms were also used to descrie social media:
influence, engagement, advocacy, sentiment, ROI, transparency, authentic and trust.
So what other words do you use to describe social media?

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

The words you mention are buzz words that people in the industry (or any industry for that matter) start throwing around to make it seem like they have tapped into some hidden aspect. All of the words you mention, along with many others, are part of the social media conversation but social media is social media. Can you tell I am anti-buzz words?

For me
Social media is media designed to be disseminated through social interaction, created using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques. Social media uses Internet and web-based technologies to transform broadcast media monologues (one to many) into social media dialogues (many to many).

Hi,

Social media is one of the strongest tool for business men to share their products and services between customers and also for general people to share their ideas and thoughts.

So, social media is a general purpose tool for sharing knowledge and information.

Thanks.

Hi,
There are a lot of social bookmarks around. But one must consider only those bookmarks which are quite used by people. The bookmarks like twitter, digg, facebook, myspace are very popular and cause a lot of traffic.

Regards

Now a days Social media is also an important tool of SEO becz it generates lot of traffic to your site

Now a days Social media is also an important tool of SEO becz it generates lot of traffic to your site

Actually, what i think you meant to say is that Social Media will help brand and expand the reach of your company. Participating in social media really doesn't impact your rankings in the search engines. As a by product, it may generate some web citations, which could be picked up by Search Engines. But for the most, Social Media is just another platform to broadcast your message from.

Actually, what i think you meant to say is that Social Media will help brand and expand the reach of your company. Participating in social media really doesn't impact your rankings in the search engines. As a by product, it may generate some web citations, which could be picked up by Search Engines. But for the most, Social Media is just another platform to broadcast your message from.

I had not thought of it from that perspective. Excellent point.

For me, social media sites just like a big chat room. You meet people there, talk with them, know them and so on. It can build trust very easily.

Social media sites are used to generate web traffic and business to the websites. For gaining a better ranking in search engine is to get backlinks and frequently updating of content.

Both are as important.

Some website owners are concerned only with business and others with search engine rankings.

Thanks

Hi,

Social Media can be very helpful in generating traffic which can helpful in generating business. Also they cause back links and as far as I know Google consider back links for promoting ranking of a website.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

recently another new Social Media website has been launched.. and really looks awesome.. you can tweet and post to SU automatically with http://www.tweetrl.com

Yes, sharing sites on social media provides a good opportunity to for backlinks and for increasing the reach of your target segment.

Rob you have nice explanation.
Thanks

in my opinion, Social Media is a way of transmitting information through social means. I haven't got the point and difference of social networking sites and social media sites.
I let you know if I found something out

You right jammie...
But social media as who people can shared all information haven in the world, and can get more friends...

Social Media always existed but it is Social media 2.0 that has been mediated by technology which makes it into the engaging online experience that it is now.

social media is good for communiction b/w humans.
social media includes the TV, Internet social sites like orkut, twitter, and other resources

Hello!
Social Media is an online strategies or tools that are used by among individuals to share their opinions and thoughts with each other.
..^_^

Social networking is closely substitute word for social marketing because this word is directly link to inform with whom you are connected or linked

What kind if social media ???
Thanks for helping me ...

Social media are website that interacts with you while giving you the information needed eg Social bookmarking sites, Social Networking, Social News etc

In my openion Social media is a way by which we are able to promote our business or product in a limit of time. This is a medium by which we are able to meet the new person belongs to our business.

For me social media deals with social interaction and sharing media files through your network. To make it simple Social Network sites that have media features in it. Right?

SMO called as socila Media optimization.
i will give smo steps.plsease check it out.
1. Directory Submission
2. Article submission
3. Social bookmaking
4. Forum posting
5. Blog Creations
6. Blog Posting
7. Press Release submission
8. RSS Feed Directory submission
9. Local Classifieds Add
10. Global Classifieds Add
11. Free Yellowpages
12. Image Optimization
13. Video Optimization
14. Social Networking sites Add.
15. Free Advertisement

SMO is called as social media optimization.Participating in social media really doesn't impact your rankings in the search engines.

Thanks

Are a various forms of user generated content and the collection of websites and applications that enables people to interact and share information online? Where you can share opinions, insights, experiences, and perspectives with each other. Engage in peer-to-peer conversations and exchange of content spaces available to help individuals and businesses to accelerate their information and communication needs.

I enjoyed all stuffs.Really its a good place for discussing .

Hello All
SMO is Called Us social Media Optimization.Social Media may generate some web citations, which could be picked up by Search Engines. But for the most, Social Media is just another platform to broadcast your message from.

Thanks

In most cases, social media marketing can help create a steady stream of organic traffic and fixed, longer tailed rankings

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.