hello....

i am new here. this looks like a site with great content. great job.

i have one question. i am looking into creating an online community/social network. does anyone know of any that i may purchase [w/ source code]? no reason to re-invent the wheel i guess. i just want to browse the scene and look for some quality products. if they do not exist, then i will go at it myself. i did a generic search in google/yahoo.... results were lame.

let me know if you get a chance...thanks :)
-michel

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thank you for replying....

i should have been more specific....

when i mean by online community/social network, i imagine.....

user profiles that include image galleries, blogs, forums, friends list...etc.etc..

thanks!

thank you for replying....

i should have been more specific....

when i mean by online community/social network, i imagine.....

user profiles that include image galleries, blogs, forums, friends list...etc.etc..

thanks!

As such there is hardly any out of box social networking software that exists but I had once gotten vBulletin to mimmick nearly every feature at MySpace. With the hacks available at vBulletin.org, you can pretty much do anything with vB that you want. :)

Use the openSource Drupal framework. I've written a book on how to create a social network with Drupal, you can download it at: SNIP

The result of the ebook is a site like SNIP

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.