i have so much questions in my mind to take smo firstly i want to know which activities includes in this area.

Yes Social Media is also part of search engine optimization because its very important to post update in social media marketing website like facebook, twitter, linkedin, friendfeed etc.

Hello
Social media is to Facebook, twitter, Blog etc. We can popular our website and earn money by affiliate marketing .

Social Media is Mostly beneficial really when you do it properly.. and maintain it according to your website need..

Not only does it grab visitors attention, but it also gives surfers (your potential marketing clients) a certain level of trust and/or confidence in your business presence. Marketing exposure amoungst niche-related surfers is what we've always strived for. Compile that with blogging, forum posting and one way links - you have a very effective method of marketing. ;)

To some extent it is part of SEO ..

Yes social media optimization is the part of search engine optimization.
Social bookmarking is part of social medial optimization.

Social media is a great way for you to get a good amount of traffic since most people use these sites that's why you can easily attract potential audience, followers and even clients if you make an account for these sites.

Social media marketing is the process of promoting your site or business through social media channels. It is certainly an excellent tool in assisting in the promotion of your website.

there many terms of INTERNET MARKETING like SEO,SMO,SMM,SSO,SEM
any guy's can provide me actually depth of every field.

Yes SMO is a part SEO.Thanks

I'd just like to chime in that although good SEO has always had quality content as a priority, social media marketing places emphasis on not only quality content but customer service skills (responsiveness to users commenting, open dialogue about product/service, knowledgeable service). It opens a whole new and very visible platform for customers to gain a voice. IMHO, that has been the trickiest part of social media.. linkbuilding has less give and take. Social media, effective social media, that is, absolutely requires daily upkeep and personalization.

Both Google and Bing have acknowledged that social factors are a form of ranking. With the rise of Social Results in search Google Social Search Google +1 and the possibility of a Facebook enhanced search it is becoming a bigger factor everyday. Additionally posting a link on Twitter gets in the index within a day usually so thats a plus (one). [<-- Sorry Bad Joke]

Yes, Social media marketing is part of SEO. Social media marketing has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service.

I disagree. Social media might be effective to drive traffic to your site, but has little SEO benefit. Sites like Facebook and Twitter are no follow links so provide no SEO value. Most of the better bookmarking sites are no follow as well. Do social media, but don't do it for SEO.

I believe that SEO and social media must work hand in hand in making your site search engine friendly and open offsite pathways. By doing so, you are attracting online traffic and in time, conversions.

Hi,

Social Media Optimization is related to search engine marketing, but differs in several ways, primarily the focus on driving traffic from sources other than search engines, though improved search ranking is also a benefit of successful SMO.

Does social media optimization a part of SEO?

yes it is.n now it becomes the vital part of SEO without social media activites you wont be able to make big

Can anyone explain the term "Social Media Marketing" ..... As far as I know it's just making friends on Facebook,Twitter,Myspace etc. to increase our online marketing.. What you people say, Is it anything else ??

Does social media optimization a part of SEO?

Yes, Social Media Marketing is one of the most important part in SEO. It is one of the most important part of SEO that can't be neglected. Mostly Social Media Marketing plays an important role in increasing your site visibility on web.

Hi,

Yes, Social media Marketing is the part of seo because many of the links which we are posting in social media networking website some are considering by the Google seo point of view. So it is the part of the seo .

Social media is part and parcel of a good SEO approach. It is one of the principal tools for an effective SEO especially with the evolution of Facebook.

Social media marketing help to getting traffic or attention through social media sites.

Yes it is definitely part of the overall package of SEO. It is all part of Internet Marketing.

If SMO is a part of SEO, How can benefit for SEO. I am using it for more time, But not find good result in Google.

yes no doubt about it... social media perform a fantastic work as a SEO work

off course, social media optimization a part of SEO.we have to implement and manage a Social Media Optimization (SMO) program around our content to increase visibility in these new environments.

Social media marketing involves promoting products, services, or content using a collaborative form of Internet social media. Using social media for marketing is not at all a new concept. Online marketers have been engaged in it since the social networks first went up.If you don't know where to begin with all this, then you should consider working with professional social media marketing services.

Social media play the main role in terms of SEO. But do not confine your self to just facebook and twitter. social bookmarking and feed submitting is a great way as wll!

Yes, social media can increase you traffic

yap, its an essential part of SEO and i think we can't get along without using it properly. its very impotent for getting traffic and optimization of fame for your website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.