Does social media optimization a part of SEO?

Recommended Answers

All 65 Replies

As what I have read, the technicalities involved with wiring SEO are not the same processes required to boost visibility in social networks like Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter. And it’s in social networks like these where people are increasingly spending time communicating, finding relevant and interesting content, and sharing it with their connections. So now, in addition to SEO, we have to implement and manage a Social Media Optimization (SMO) program around our content to increase visibility in these new environments.

Yes social media optimization is a part of seo.

Yes it plays a huge role in SEO. We need to use it to unlike the back doors in Google and other search engines. Especially since Google has revamped it's system.

Hi,

Yes Social media marketing consist of set of methods for generating traffic on any website through social networking websites, business networking websites, online communities and blogs.

Thanks

Social bookmarking is important for any website because it can generate traffic several different ways Social bookmarking is a way for people to save their favorite webpages online Bookmarks are usually stored with tags, single words that describe a page, making it easy for people to search for similar bookmarks or find bookmarks they have saved....

Social marketing is good method for promoting website

Yes social media is part of seo :)

I disagree. Social media might be effective to drive traffic to your site, but has little SEO benefit. Sites like Facebook and Twitter are no follow links so provide no SEO value. Most of the better bookmarking sites are no follow as well. Do social media, but don't do it for SEO.

It would pay you, in fact quite well, to explore social sites such as Twitter and Facebook. By utilizing those and many other social sites you can kick your sites higher in the search standings. Do not think old hat, although I have many Tweets that have linked to my sites and Google list them in my link list in Webmaster Tools.

But think in terms of video etc. Also when a Tweet is re-tweeted it shows up in my Webmaster tools as a link.

I don't know what kind of weight they carry in the search engines, but they are showing up in my links list.

Besides if you provide good quality Tweets.....You"re building a killer list.

Blessings!

I disagree. Social media might be effective to drive traffic to your site, but has little SEO benefit. Sites like Facebook and Twitter are no follow links so provide no SEO value. Most of the better bookmarking sites are no follow as well. Do social media, but don't do it for SEO.

What JasonP said above is correct. However, social networking platforms can drive enormous amounts of traffic to your website if you use them well. It's a matter of harnessing the use of both SEO and SMO.

in a way it is. using social media sites you can direct them to your website and increase the hits of your website.
As well using social media networking sites, you can provide a good advertising to your products.
E.g., Facebook products.
Twitter
So once the people re-tweet or like your posts it will be visible to everyone.
so indirectly it is helping you to increase the hits and get a good google ranking.
So it is kind of SEO technique .

Of course. It plays an important part in SEO. :)

Yes it's part of acquiring traffic as well as ranking.

yes, i agree with you

hello
social media optimization is the part of SEO, If you are doing SEO as well as SMO you will get a very good traffic and ranking for your keywords. So i will suggest you to go through SMO to increase the traffic rapidly.

SEO i.e is search engine optimization.Social media optimization is a part of SEM.All this is done through SEO techniques.

As SEO helps increase the visibility of content in Google and Yahoo,SMO helps build the essential bridges between social objects and the individuals performing searches to find relevant content.

social media is excellent in driving traffic to your site but when it comes to seo like increasing the backlinks of your site, there are quite a few social media sites that could provide you with backlinks. LinkedIn for instance is just among the few i'm talking about.

I am not thinking the same that social media marketing is the part of SEO. The commitment of online communities to create opportunities for exposure and sales. The number one advantage is to create exposure for a company, followed by increased traffic and the establishment of new partnerships.

Yes, Social Media Marketing is one of the best techniques used to promote your site. It is a marketing done through social media networks and online communities. There are various marketing techniques which are very closely related to social media marketing, such as Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, and Social Media Optimization.

According to me Social media marketing is the one of the part of the SEO. Social Media Marketing is a recent addition to the organization's integrated marketing communications programs. This is the organization principles to connect with their target market. Integrated marketing communication and coordination of the promotional mix elements of advertising, personal selling, public relations, publicity, direct marketing, promotion and so on.

Matt Cutt has announced that Google is watching whatever you share on social media sites and if you get good response from users then you definitely will get good response from search engine...

Does anyone have any hard proof that social networking is an integral part of seo?

Social media is key in todays marketing efforts. People want to know whats going on NOW with your business. They like to have updates and deals tweeted or facebooked to them. It's more work on the business part, but it definetly can pay off. I love it for offering deals and such when things are slow. Having good fresh content, especially if you can post several times a week, is awesome too. I just watch the number of facebook fans we have steadily grow everyday. I mean, it boggles my mind really to think eventually I will be able to instantly update THOUSANDS of people with whats going on without them having to look at my webpage or blog or newsletter.

Social media is key in todays marketing efforts. People want to know whats going on NOW with your business. They like to have updates and deals tweeted or facebooked to them. It's more work on the business part, but it definetly can pay off. I love it for offering deals and such when things are slow. Having good fresh content, especially if you can post several times a week, is awesome too. I just watch the number of facebook fans we have steadily grow everyday. I mean, it boggles my mind really to think eventually I will be able to instantly update THOUSANDS of people with whats going on without them having to look at my webpage or blog or newsletter.

the question is how do you get thousands of followers and ones that matter from your country and not from the otherside of the world

Social networking sites are good sources for link building purpose. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Diggit, Delicious, and other popular blogging, news or social networking sites are revolutionizing the world of online marketing. Through this, one can reach out to millions of customers and hence it becomes an integral part of SEO.

People keep saying that social media has changed online marketing or even marketing for good, That may be the case, if you are a massive brand, like coca cola or manchester united and the followers come to you... "like create a page and they will come", but the same doesn't apply for small local businesses like ourselves, whose main market is Irish businesses.

Is there a tool or software that I can select the criteria of a twitter of facebook page that I want to search for. Having followers in the USA would be great if our business provided services there, but we don't so can social media help small businesses

indeed it is the part of SEO because you can't get full out of SEO with out using SMO...

Hi,

SEO and SMO both are totally different. SEO is the way of analyzing a website and modifying it to enable search engines to read, understand, and index it correctly. On other hand SMO consist of set of methods for generating traffic on any website through social networking websites. At the end both the process helps to get quality of visitors and ranking as well.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.