Hello, guys! Look: for example, if i make my own toolbar (with this soft), customize it for my site, register it somewhere it may bring an additional traffic to me! How do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have thought about doing this in the past myself :) After reading your post, I did a google search for "create online toolbar" ... quite a few sites popped up all offering the same thing - to create your own IE toolbar.

Personally, I think this is a pretty good idea. However, it isn't good all on its own. First of all, you need to give people a reason why they should use YOUR toolbar instead of all the others out there - such as the google toolbar or Microsoft's new msn toolbar. Don't just provide a link to your homepage. Perhaps provide links to all the major sections of your site, etc. Something that would come in handy to your site's repeat visitors. Also, if you could at all avoid it, avoid using a program to create your IE toolbar that adds "created for free at ---.com" somewhere. That sorta makes your site look cheap and could even end up doing more harm than good.

Good luck!

Hello, guys! Look: for example, if i make my own toolbar (with this soft), customize it for my site, register it somewhere it may bring an additional traffic to me! How do you think?

It really depends on what you are going to tailor your toolbar for, and what site its going to be based on. Toolbars are a dime a dozen now, the only way they are effective is that you are in a "niche" market and you have those users. I'll give you an example..

What would make a 34 year old woman want your toolbar over Googles or Alexa's toolbar? Well she might be heavily into cooking and recipies.. So if you offer a toobar that links and scrolls the newest recipies daily you are more likly to get that user to switch toolbars, or just add another one..

Not a very good example but that should give you an idea..

Definitely where I was headed with my suggestions, trifolic ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.