That's right. You can expect the people who visit your site from relevant forum links to be very targeted, provided your link is to a relevant site!

Ok now i would like to throw some more light on posting on various forums and PR. Yes ofcource your PR will go high as all post you created will link back to your site.

We all miss one thing to understand here. IN forums your post or signature every day goes down and in most forums they get purged after certain time. Lets say today you are active and posted on 5 forums around 50 post, all these 50 will point to your site. Now you stop posting it for some time slowly all your 50 post will go at the back and again your back links will fail and so will your PR.

So just dont depend on forums, yes i agree its one of the great thing for link building but at the same time take your time on other link building plans as well. Also keep positing as it just not increases your link backs but it will also be help full to others.

Einfo - You're right! There has to be an integrated approach to link building. You cannot rely soley on one method, as you wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket right? Forum posting is beneficial in that it generates some traffic, and builds brand awareness. However, there are numerous other tasks that would do these same things and more efficiently. Forum posting is most beneficial I think for learning, not link building.

So, the more we post in our own forum/s the more PR are we going to get?

Nop. If that was the case Dani would have her forum on PR10 :)

eeinfoway, I'm not sure what you mean by losing backlinks / forum signatures getting purged?

These are indeed good tricks to have thanks.

eeinfoway, I'm not sure what you mean by losing backlinks / forum signatures getting purged?

Dear Dani,

What I meant was, after some time, as many guys keep posting, your post is on back pages and not on front pages of the forum so the back link from PR will fall. As you can see in almost all forums first few pages have good PR compared to deep links.

More over many forums Purge/delete the very old threads to keep database small and to make forum faster. In that case your old back links are gone.

So if you want to take advantage be active.

The first few forum pages are always going to rank the best because the others can only be accessed via the page navigation.

However, older forum threads are often ranked very highly because they've had the longest opportunity to build up a lot of backlinks ... especially if the discussion is not time sensitive.

Very few forums purge threads / posts nowadays. Most web hosts provide ample hard drive space that it's not as necessary ... it's bandwidth you gotta keep an eye on.

Dear dani,

Purging is very important activity of any database. I agree that you get tons of space on servers for just few $$. But as your database grows, it slows down as now it has to search within tons of data.

Also check out many forums you will see good PR on first few pages and then it goes down. This is new way google is doing to forums and directories. It has cut the PR of all forums and directories inner pages. just check it :)

Forums do help in increasing Pr.but it is a very slow & time consuming process.

Now After the launch of Google Caffeine, forum participation has become one of the important factors for achieving SERPs, because caffeine gives more preference to fresh contents. so obviously a platform like forum where fresh contents are updated frequently and when you participate in forums and when you post with signature. Apart from back links, the Google would consider it as a content related to your site, thus your site gradually gets preference in SERPs. so focus more on quality posts than have too much concern about back links.

Forums are the best place for site promotion..it builds backlinks to your site and gradually increase the page rank in a search engine..According to Google there is a algorithm called LSI,this counts your backlinks and place the site in the serp ..Day by Day there will be increasing or decreasing of visitors to the site...Gradually page rank varies to keep track of that do follow seo tactics.....

Definitely, Forum links will be considered as quality links to your site. So it will help you to get good PR .

If you are posting on forums then make sure that you are using the signature feature. It lets people know who you are and where you are. It also helps others see what industry you follow and from that you can create some solid and helpful personal relationships.

From my experience the power of a backlink from a forum sig is fleeting, it is somewhat effective, but by itself is not of much value, combined with other solid targeted backlinks, it does add to the value, but as a secondary method only.

I am new for SEO .I spend much time on forums for the start.It seems good to increase PR and also is easy to do follow.

You shouldn't be posting on a forum just for a backlink, as its value in increasing page rank is questionable. Reading and posting on forums provides the opportunity to learn, be a part of a community, and share your knowledge with others. Unfortunately, it also provides a great deal of spam posts to read through as well.

its a method to generate a direct traffic for your website

thanks for sharing the information. I also benefited by using forum sites. My page rank has increased.

Each link helps to increase your PageRank.

When I post in the forum, what will be its effect on page rank? Anybody can give ideas, thanks...

can any one post here the top bookmarking site ,which has high PR?

Forum are the best and fastest way to get quality backlinks and traffic. And high pr site help your increasing you pr, traffic and conversation.

Yes, forum gives us backlink and increase visibility. It helps to increase page rank.

Yes, forum posting can improve your page rank but it is only one of many methods that can be used to achieve good page rank. Soical bookmarking has good potential as well. Digg seems to be producing good results at this pont in time.

yes, man forum posting is very beneficial. Forum posting is the best way to create back links. If you are searching something on the search engines you will probably find some forum result within top 10........

I wondered why your site is banned? Google never ban site who use white hat seo techniques. Remember that. :)

Having a signature will give the benefit that users from that forum ( real people ) can enter your site.
Second: if the forum has do follow on link you can increse the number of backlinks ... and from here positions in search engines.

Posting in forums does help page rank. To see your page rank you need google toolbar.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.