Can anyone suggest some good forum mods that would help make my new forum stand out a little more. I want this forum to be popular and i know there is alot of competition so id like some ideas on how to make it a little more spcial to attract regular forum members. Does anyone have any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

well the thing is that mods wont attract visitors. the content of the forum and the activity of the forums members will make you stand out

You might be interested in PHPBB Fully modded, as seen at http://support.phpbbfm.net/index_fm.php. It comes with a bunch of mods (hacks) already installed, so it might save you lots of time.

I'll warm however, that its not the mods that make a forum -- its the posted content. Too many mods can actually scare away visitors, I know from experience!

Best of luck!

You might be interested in PHPBB Fully modded, as seen at http://support.phpbbfm.net/index_fm.php. It comes with a bunch of mods (hacks) already installed, so it might save you lots of time.

I'll warm however, that its not the mods that make a forum -- its the posted content. Too many mods can actually scare away visitors, I know from experience!

Best of luck!

thats right to many mods can be very cofusing and disturbing to some visitors.

dani. Are you a member of phpbbhacks? Haven't seen you there...

But yeah for phpbb boards they have the biggest mod/hack database available.

The owner of phpbbhacks, Patrick, is a member on DaniWeb :) I used to be a big lurker around those parts back in the day when I actually used phpBB! DaniWeb, my one and only site, is vBulletin-based. But yeah, you can find me under "cscgal" as always.

For a minute there, I was jut re-reading this thread, and I thought the original poster was asking about mods as in moderators!!

Mods are good for keeping members, but not really attracting them. Best way to attract them is to have lots of unique content, an active forum, alot of incoming links, and a good design.

I would add a game section and also a forum shop! people love shops!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.