Hi
My website has indexed major SE but not getting enough visitors. Is it better idea to submit it lot of SE/Directories/FFAs for getting traffic???? ( i mean here Bulk Submission by submission software/tools ) OR SUGGEST me what steps i MUST DO/DO NOT. anyway i have book store website nearly two years old.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Submitting to a lot of SE, directories, and FFA's will do nothing for you. Building traffic takes time and a lot of work. Do you have unique quality content on your website? Lots of it? If not, why would anyone want to come to your website? Why would anyone want to link to your website (which is how you improve your search engines rankings).

If you do have this kind of content, then you need to make people aware of your site. Contributing on related sites (forums, blogs, etc.) is a great way to get your link in front of targeted traffic.

Hi I have found that with my websites it is best to make sure that you submit your site to as many websites as possable. Some of the more important ones are google, yahoo, and alexa. You might also want to try googles addaware if you look around you can find a 50 dollar bonus you can use so that you have 50 free dollars to spend on it. Also remember that it takes time to get traffic. If you need further help just leave a comment

FYI, Alexa uses MSN search results. Additionally, Alexa is not important. Yahoo, MSN, and Google (and possibly ask.com) are important. Everyone else is minor player at best.

Alexa can be very important because when looking for sponsors quite often they will look at your alexa stats to see where you rank, its not 100% accurate but gives you a good idea about the site. This comes from a report that google wrote a while back

That's important in a niche field and only for a small amount of people. Alexa affects no one else in any other industry.

That also is not search related which is what this thread is about. Plus Google mentioned Alexa because they used to serve their search results. They don't anymore so I doubt you will see Google endorsing Alexa in anyway again.

if a site has good rank in alexa then is there are chances it get better rank in Google??? and secondly i guess alexa make rank good for those site which has lot of tarffic so first question is again traffic

if a site has good rank in alexa then is there are chances it get better rank in Google??? and secondly i guess alexa make rank good for those site which has lot of tarffic so first question is again traffic

I don't think you understand how Alexa works. They install spyware on people's computers and track which websites they visit. That's how they rank sites. Unfortunately only a small amount of people have this spyware on their computer and they are either total newbies or webmasters trying to manipulate their Alexa ratings. This means Alexa's rankings are extremely inaccurate. They can't be used to accurately determine anything.

yes. your are quite rite. that's why my norton always warn me about alexa exe file which was install my machine. thanks anyway

So some SEO work over it get visitors:

1. unique and good content
2. directories submission
3. article submission
4. Link exchange with related websites and try to get some links from pr pages.

Unique Content really works if u have good links to get hign search engine ranking and u get visitors from that.

Thanks

ok mate!!!! if u need to have a links submit or any software needed pm me i will let u know.
i cant submit the links here. as per the TOS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.