Hey dani, I notice that all of the links in these forums always open up a new window, is that a feature of vbulletin or is there someway I can declare that globally?

I actually have my php backend manually adding the target="_base" to each URL throughout the site. However, you can declare this on a per-page basis as well. Within the <head> </head> tags, add:

<base target="_blank" />

This will use _blank as the default. Adding a target="_top", etc. tag to an individual href tag will override it.

I actually believe that the target tag has been depreciated in XHTML Strict though it is still valid with HTML 4 and XHTML Transitional. The idea is that this way everything opens in the same window *consistantly* for a surfer, and if a surfer wants something to open in a new window, they can simply right click and select open in a new window. This way, the open in a new window option is user-defined and not site-defined. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.