Namaste from Nepal everyone! First time caller here with a question I am working on an interface for a client in America that is built using myfaces, and I am having a heck of a time getting things to look the same in IE and all the other browsers out there. It seems that IE 6/7 behaves different when handling the CSS for the icons on this page:
http://www.extreme-nepal.com/studio/ProQual-IT/latest/Test/Schedule_WeekView_One_Test.html
Can someone please help me get this right?
Thanks!!!!
FD

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There are some tricks (mostly things to avoid):

- DON'T put size attributes (height and width) and surrounding styles (margin, border, padding) in the same tag, whether done inline or css. Instead, nest two objects, one for the size, and one for the surrounding styles.

- Define the vertical alignment for table cells. IE has a different default.

- Don't use surrounding styles on heading (H1, H2, etc) tags and HR. They do totally different things in IE.

- The fonts render heavier in IE.

- List tags do not work right in IE inside a div. They do work inside a table.

There are some tricks (mostly things to avoid):

- DON'T put size attributes (height and width) and surrounding styles (margin, border, padding) in the same tag, whether done inline or css. Instead, nest two objects, one for the size, and one for the surrounding styles.

- Define the vertical alignment for table cells. IE has a different default.

- Don't use surrounding styles on heading (H1, H2, etc) tags and HR. They do totally different things in IE.

- The fonts render heavier in IE.

- List tags do not work right in IE inside a div. They do work inside a table.

thanks magic for that, but i have isolated the problem (not a z-index) and here is the failing code:
http://www.extreme-nepal.com/studio/ProQual-IT/latest/Test/IEBug.html
can u have a look and tell me what to change? thx...
ps. the desired look is with FF. This snippet goes inside a complex JSF page, but if I can't get this snippet to work right, there is no point. thx....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.