Hi there
Im trying to create a form that users fill out, when they hit the submit button, the details are sent to me directly so that i can have an idea of who is using this feature and subsequently register them.
What is the code for this?
I have tried a few things, but some dont work and other times it trys to open up my defualt e mail client, i dont want this, i just want the details to be sent to me with the details

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

for that you need to use server side scripting.
after submission form will be sent to server, from there a mail will be generated to you.

ok ja I now realise that.
I think im going to just get the user to fill out the forms, the details will be captured and showed in a structured way and the user can print that and fax it to me.
My code for this doesnt want to work>??????????

Just want the username for now so that i can get this thing working, will concerntrate on the finer details later.
Im not a pro at this please advise me what to do........

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>First Name</title>
</head>

<body>

<form name="input" action="show details.htm" method="post">
Username: 
<input type="text" name="user">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

</body>

</html>

The easiest way to get it to work, is use FrontPage. Since I can't program (nor do I want to), If I need to make an email form, I'd make it in frontpage. Just make sure your server has frontpage extensions installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.