Hi

I have this huge powerpoint presentation.
It runs extremely slow.

Is there anyway to preload this, i thought perhaps in a browser using javascript or something? but if not are there any other methods ?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you want to lower the file size, make it web accessible, and add a preloader, convert the ppt to flash. If your not familiar with Flash, just Google powerpoint to flash.

Ok, so i need to convert this file into flash. Thats no problem, but you mentioned a preloader. Could you explain what you mean?

If i add the preloader will it load everything, even embeded objects into the flash file ? sounds and animation ect.

Thankyou for the reply :)

Yes here's a showcase of preloader examples. Scroll down and click on the images to see what the preloader looks like. They basically perform two functions.
1. Entertain the user while the movie is downloading
2. Inform the user the progress of the download
Once the download is complete, the flash movie loads and the preloader disappears.

Hi

I have this huge powerpoint presentation.
It runs extremely slow.

Is there anyway to preload this, i thought perhaps in a browser using javascript or something? but if not are there any other methods ?

Thanks

Hi,

I found some tips to reduce the file size of PowerPoint in Microsoft, hope it could help you.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/PowerPoint/HA011168821033.aspx

And I also find a Flash movie made by PowerPoint and converted with PowerPoint to Flash converter, its orginal file size is 41.3MB, after conversion, its file size is 1.13MB. You could have a look:
http://www.sameshow.com/ppt2flash/samples3.html

Other PowerPoint to Flash are also useful, such as Ispring converter, PowerFlashPoint, FlashDemo and so on

Is there any loss in quality and i have embeded swf videos in my powerpoint. What happens to them ?

Thankyou

I often set the output quality to the best before conversion, so there is nearly no loss after conversion. I have tried to insert YouTube video and Flash to my presentation, the converted Flash movie is good, and the video is embedded to my presentation, also plays well. You could have a try.

Good luck.

a dirty kludge to make files appear to load faster than the connection speed allows
javascript in the end of the page to load known required files before the link were clicked, but after the page is displayed
ignore image, its just you have to load the file for "something"
puts enough of swf or mpeg into the buffer before the button is clicked that play begins immediately
viewers forgive a lot if they dont see the waiting sign

</body>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
<!-- 
file1 = new Image();
file1.src = "anyfileyouwant.anyfiletype";
//-->
//]]>
</script></html>

as long as you dont try to display the swf as an image, you can callit what you like, it will still end up in the tif

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.