Member Avatar for Ajantis

Hello dear DaniWeb users!

I have been around here for a while, although I haven't made that many posts. Been rather busy with school and all. I am going the 3rd year now in my Computer System Development education, and I am doing my final work - the degree project!

I am making a programe in C# that is meant to teach others how they can CODE their own webpage! Information and facts as well as tutorials about writing HTML will be included in a Help file with the programe, and the users code their page in an Notepad-look-alike-environment. But - ofcourse - with little more additions. ;) And that's a little secret! Hi hi

Although the program is primarly meant to be used by schools,
I want the program to be useful and appealing to those who don't know much about computers, students and professional alike. And that is where YOU come in the picture! :D

I would like to know what you think that my program should contain! So come on! Tell me guys/girls what you want to see and I will do my best to make it happen! Everyone! :D Make your voices heard!

Best Wishes to all of you :)
and Merry Xmas!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

So that we do not repeat what you already have on the list can you say what you included or will include?

So that we do not repeat what you already have on the list can you say what you included or will include?

Allright. :) Here it goes...

I have the following on my to-do list:
- View Line Count for ease of debugging

- Templates to get you started

- Add tag (shows a list of tags, and you choose from the list, works alsi if you right-click your mouse button on the code you are writing)

- Colored tags, to easier keep a trace of your coding

- Well designed, easy-to-use GUI with medium large glossy icons (you can comment this one too - I do want to make it look real nice and so that you feel comfortable with the program)

- Character Translator (find and replace international chars in your code with the appropriate HTML code for it so they can be displayed, you can also do the reverse, i.e search and replace the HTML special chars to international chars)

- Help Button (Opens up the tutorials section and info about using the program)

This is so far of what I had in mind :)
More will be added - what you want to see in the program. :)

Code that validates.

Firstly, I'd say to make sure that it ISN'T a WYSIWYG editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver.

But an auto complete function for HTML tags, CSS properties and values, if you're going into scripting languages, then an auto complete on function names, and checking number of variables.

Ability to shrink and expand code blocks.

Highlight opening and closing tags, e.g. <div> ... </div> so that you can see the start and end of a closing block. This should be replicated in and scripting languages highlighters too on the opening and closing brackets of a function.

When declaring id or classes for HTML elements, have it automatically load all id's and classes declared in your stylesheet (hence auto complete again).

Just a few ideas.

R.

Firstly, I'd say to make sure that it ISN'T a WYSIWYG editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver.

But an auto complete function for HTML tags, CSS properties and values, if you're going into scripting languages, then an auto complete on function names, and checking number of variables.

Ability to shrink and expand code blocks.

Highlight opening and closing tags, e.g. <div> ... </div> so that you can see the start and end of a closing block. This should be replicated in and scripting languages highlighters too on the opening and closing brackets of a function.

When declaring id or classes for HTML elements, have it automatically load all id's and classes declared in your stylesheet (hence auto complete again).

Just a few ideas.

R.

Thank you for your opinion! I will note it and see what I can do. :)

Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year!

mb think about add the function like:easier list creat, no matter order list or unorder list. just give the user a option for the list creating

Code that validates.

Maybe have the W3 validation service open with the code already submitted. I would enjoy that. Save time copying and pasting.

Anyways, cool idea for a project. Hope all goes well.

1. Can we have multiple files open at one time?
If yes, then I'd love to see a save-workspace option. (So I won't have to open the 4-8 different files next time).
2. Find and Replace functions. Better if you can do a search on all open tabs. :p

(I'll come back if I come up with something else)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.