I am currently in a class called interface design. Last week we learned how to make a rusted looking metal in photoshop. Problem is, at home I have Fireworks, and Freehand and I do not know how to do this techniqe in Fireworks. The version of Fireworks I have is MX 2004. Here is a link to my instructor's site with a tutorial of what we learned in class. Photoshop Technique

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i am pretty sure that this is impossible to do in fireworks with the preset filters. making that metal texture requires filter unique to photoshop i am not sure if they make a plugin for fireworks that does any of those things and if they do it proably costs money.

Man that really sux, I had a feeling though since i cant find anything that resembles a channels palette in Fireworks, or a filter that gives the "render clouds" look that you can get from photoshop. What about freehand? although I do not think it has a channels palette either.

i do not know anything about freehand

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.