Can anyone tell me what are technical requirements to create a forum like Facebook or Twitter? How does one go about it? I am interested in knowing about how to host the site, what kind of manpower required, etc.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can anyone tell me what are technical requirements to create a forum like Facebook or Twitter? How does one go about it? I am interested in knowing about how to host the site, what kind of manpower required, etc.

I would suggest looking into PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS for starters.

Most PHP & MySQL books have information and tutorials on making forums and message boards and then you can just go from there in altering the information to your needs.

Hosting capabilities i would say you need a hosting plan like this one here: ASP Unlimited Plan where you have unlimited space and bandwidth.

Depending on the popularity of your site you will need large amount of traffic space.

All i can say is if you are just starting out, then good luck because it will take you FOREVER to even get something like that working...working correctly atleast. You can get something up and running but until you know what your doing it will be buggy as crap.

Hope this helps and someone can come along and give you specifics.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.