Hi,
I am new to this forum. I found it while searching in Google for a name to add to my Script.

I am self-taught so I may not use technical words accurately. I figgured out how to have a link open in a separate window. I usually size it at width=600 and height=500, add scrollbars... But today I wanted to add a resize option (the maximize button) but can not come up with the right name (the window opens with only minimize-button and x-button). I tried to add various name combinations to the script, such as
'maximizebutton=yes,resize=yes,resizebuttons=yes'... but nothing worked.

If someone knows the name to add to the script, please let me know.

Thanks,
Vesna

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome to the TTF! Hope you come back! Anyways, here's how I would do it. Modify according to your needs:

window.open(page,"somepage","width=570,height=560,location=no,scrollbars=yes, menubar=yes,toolbar=yes,resizable=yes");

how to make a sitemap

... vesna ...
If you look around on the net, there are sites with little tools for this sort of thing... pop-up window makers etc.
The better ones will give you the choice of toolber y/n, scrollbar y/n, modal, display,movable etc... all the optiosn that you can use.
Simply look at the code they generate and the options are usually self explanatory.

So, try;
http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html

:)

... farmaan ...
? What ahs the sitemap question got to do with JS window controls ?

farmaan.. is just lazy, start a new thread if you'd like assistance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.