I was thinking of going with these guys: http://www.logodesignz.net
Anyone hear of anything good or bad about them?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

I think their design is too basic. People in other forums agree. Is there another company you have in mind? Not too flashy though.

If you find a good company to get your logo done, do me a favor and let me know - I'm looking for a new design myself :)

I am personally not to happy about doing business with domain names that have Z and other 'name jokes' in them. Because in most situations it are users who wanted the 'proper' domain name and now benefit from typing errors and otherwise - while being a teenager who wants some extra income and happen to find out how to process layers in photoshop.

Yes, there is always a percentage that does amazing work :) If this site is in that last category, I wouldn't know, I have no experience with them. I personally think their sample logo work looks a bit 'simple', and a bit on amateur level, but that is just how I look at them :)

Yes, I agree with floris. Most of their logo samples feature just plain text with it arranged differently, or some special effects on one letter, that have nothing to do with the company. Although they do have some good ones; like the VeroHost.

[img]http://www.logodesignz.net/logoimages/verohostlogo.gif[/img]

But like the logo for ChaChing... makes no sense, there is a figure eight for a domain that seems like a business or moneymaking site.

Member Avatar for TKSS

I was thinking of going with these guys: http://www.logodesignz.net
Anyone hear of anything good or bad about them?

I'd say having a contest here in the forum locally to see who designs the best one would work...set specific guidlines as to what must be contained in it and you'll be set. I know I'd participate.

a contest would be kewl i can do logos..

I'm still very proud of my TTF sig. ^_^

commented: Thought I'd just add to your allready high rep lol +9

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to participate in a contest... lol I'm guessing I'm too late. You guys were saying how some of logodesignz work was too "simple" well in most cases, simple for a website is best as I've discovered. If you do too much... it looks tacky.

I suggested a contest involving magazine covers but not too many people seemed interested. I think we would get more people to participate if the forum covered computer graphics as well. Ah, c'est la vie.

I'm about to finalize a design from a company that does this for Fortune 500 companies that I found on eLance.com. $350 for a Corporate Identity package which includes the logo, letterhead, business cards, and a website template. If anyone's interested, I've got two companies that I'm doing work with now that are awesome for design work. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

We really need a competition, I would be glad to participate. Incissor your idea for magazine covers sounds cool. what was that last thing you said?

Ah, c'est la vie.

Whats it mean?

We really need a competition, I would be glad to participate. Incissor your idea for magazine covers sounds cool. what was that last thing you said?
Whats it mean?

Glad you liked my idea! I still think we should do it. Oh, and as far as that expression, it's French and its literal meaning is "it's the life." In English, it's used to say, "ah... that's life I guess, what are you gonna do."

what's the lo down on this magazine cover contest?

It's up to Dani to decide. She decides what the prize will be.

My company does logos, and all sorts of stuff hit me up for anything ya need

Is this logo you have now the one you went with or are you trying to change it?

Alcides.

She decides what the prize will be.

A mars bar or 10 reputation points! lol/joke/not serious...

Yes a competition would be fun.

I basically am a designer myself.
logos backgrounds etc
so if the need for logos is still there just PM me and I will send over some logo samples.

:cheesy:

I find this forum very interesting, as far as logo design goes. I'm from LA (Lower Alabama), and the most graphic artists charge around here for logo design is about $50, give or take, depending on the complexity. As a matter of fact, my boss won't charge anything as long as you do business with him, and I've spent many a hour doing a logo, which should of incorporated at least $250+, but hey, when you live in a place that doesn't generate much money, you gotta do what you gotta do. My boyfriend actually does some complex stuff (drawing race cars and motorcyles on the side), and he looked in a magazine where a woman in Califorinia basically does the same thing he does (and she charges 2x's what he charges), but he can only charge $150.......give or take. If we tried to charge what we were worth, we'd be out of work around here. I know a guy here that does collegiate drawings (hand drawings, not on the computer), and he only gets anywhere from $50 on up. We are underpaid here in lower Alabama, but the living is cheap, also. I wish I could charge more, but no one here will pay it.

id be willing to participate also; i enjoy things like this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.