I'm working on including an <IFRAME> in a document, and I've set it to be 95% width of the table that it is located in. There is another cell in line with this one that is 150 px wide, and the iframe should be the remaining width of the page in this particular section....

It works like a charm in IE of course, but in Netscape & Mozilla at least, it ignores the constraints of the table cell that the iframe occupies, and makes the iframe a full 95% of the page, and not 95% of the table cells max width.

Any ideas on a way around this? Is using a percentage on an IFRAME not recommended? :(

Here's a screenshot in IE, and then in Mozilla. (somewhat low quality to fit under the allowed 100K file size)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

iframes shouldnt be used standalone

probally be best to drop it inside of a table

That's the weird part, I did include it in a table to try to further constrain the shape that it took. There is a main table around the whole site with width 100%, and the right navbar is set at a static 150px. The table cell that the iframe is in is set to 100%, which should translate to 100% of the page minus the 150px staticly set for the other cell...

That's the main reason I found it so odd that the browsers weren't handling it properly, because it was contained in a very standard table cell that should work properly every time for any browser. It just appears that with the IFRAME for some reason, the non-IE Browsers are overlooking the constraints of the TD tag, and assuming it should be 95% of the whole page. :(

If I can't get it to work the way I want, I may just have to resort to an alternate method of including the file, although I'm not sure of another way to easily incorporate my plugin to vB without file hacking. :S

iframes shouldnt be used standalone

probally be best to drop it inside of a table

I agree :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.