Member Avatar for ovidiu_b13

hello, is there any way to view only a part (portion) of website A in website B. For example, I want on my site to put a small div in which to see only the price of that object, so that the price i see is always the current price.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes, you can use the <iframe></iframe> tags and link it to the actual path of the price you want to display.

Yes, you can use the <iframe></iframe> tags and link it to the actual path of the price you want to display.

I've tried with iframe, and it does not work, it shows the whole page, not just that portion of the site.

Ajax it into a div.

ajaxpage('price.htm', 'priceDiv')

iframe = ftl

There is a way to use iframe to show only a portion of a site, but it is not working in all browsers, and one must be carefull to copyright issues if site is not identified.

For example, if you search on google for images, and click on one, google first display that image at the top of their own page in a iframe, allowing you to "TURN OFF" that frame if you choose to.

The how to, you can read here: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108520

commented: Thanks for the help. +7

Thank you for the help. I want to make a small gadget for my desktop to see how the price evolves.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.