Hi

I have a client wanting a wordpress site with fixed background image and content scroll over it. My problem is, that my client has a 1400 x 1050 px screen, and I have no idea how this background I currently have on the site, would appear on their screen. I myself can only check up to 1240 x 1024 px on resolution. Up to what I can check, the bg image seems to be fine with no white spaces on the sides and bottom outside the container area. But, is it also fine on this larger screen resolutions like what my client have?

I need someone to check this for me, someone with 1400 x 1050 px screen resolution, and tell me if there are any white spaces that bg image not covering? Maybe a screenshot of what it looks like on that resolution size? Any takers?

I realy do not want to increase the current bg image size, as it will take to long to load on smaller connections, and as I do have it tiled at the moment, I prefer not to tile it, as it is a big block image with detail in it and it just won't look right if that detail repeats when tiled.

If you can help, post here, and I will pm you the url.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is the size of the image you are currently using as the background image?

Hi

I actually found a nice online screen resolution tester yesterday, and it seems the bg image is ok on that site. It only starts to tile with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 px, and the tile does not look bad at all. So I am a happy chappie. Thanks for replying, I will mark this as solved.

For those of you who want to test your work in different screen resolutions, the url below works nice, but you have to use IE to actually get the online results.

http://www.screen-resolution.com/

give a big resolution and position it to top and center of the page

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.